1st time grower leaf coloring help!

Hey all! So I flushed everything with fresh water then added in my nutrients with a PH about 6.0 - 6.3

Everything looked okay in the morning till I checked again at night
The sick little guy is looking worse. He has some sort of white stuff on his leaves

Attachments

• 1C552F20-522C-4A94-BBD2-C5941AD4AA21.jpeg
    1C552F20-522C-4A94-BBD2-C5941AD4AA21.jpeg
    638.1 KB · Views: 214
  • DDB1E4EB-2C9E-43A7-9C73-7E9298B5A31A.jpeg
    DDB1E4EB-2C9E-43A7-9C73-7E9298B5A31A.jpeg
    778.6 KB · Views: 201
For best results of people helping you, it’s best to have pictures in normal light, so we can actually see what’s going on lol.

Sometimes it needs to get worse before it gets better.

How much water did you run through them for flush, and how big of a pot are they in?

Normally when I flush, I flush with about 2-3 gallons of water in my about 4.5 gallons of soil (because my pots aren’t fully topped up) then I let them dry out, and let the pot feel light again before giving a feed with nutrients.

For best results of people helping you, it’s best to have pictures in normal light, so we can actually see what’s going on lol.

Sometimes it needs to get worse before it gets better.

How much water did you run through them for flush, and how big of a pot are they in?

Normally when I flush, I flush with about 2-3 gallons of water in my about 4.5 gallons of soil (because my pots aren’t fully topped up) then I let them dry out, and let the pot feel light again before giving a feed with nutrients.

Shit sorry here you go

I’m using 3gal pots, I didn’t measure how much water I used to flush;
I used a hose and gave them fresh water till they started to pool. Then I left them in their runoff for a minute or 2 then afterwards I let all of them dry for about 2 hrs (I had to leave somewhere) then when I came back home, I feed them their nutrients

Now I plan to feed small amounts twice a day depending on how they look, if they’re perking or drooping.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 195
Shit sorry here you go

I’m using 3gal pots, I didn’t measure how much water I used to flush;
I used a hose and gave them fresh water till they started to pool. Then I left them in their runoff for a minute or 2 then afterwards I let all of them dry for about 2 hrs (I had to leave somewhere) then when I came back home, I feed them their nutrients

Now I plan to feed small amounts twice a day depending on how they look, if they’re perking or drooping.

We’re you using your garden hose?

Maybe next time, fill up a watering can, since your in 3 gal pots, then 2 gallons of fresh water from the tap should be fine.

This is what I want you to do. Elevate your pots, so they stay out of the run off.

Pour water in top of soil, let it pool, let it drain, pour more in, let it pool, then drain. Continue consecutively until the watering can is empty.

You want to do it in one go at it with the watering (flush).

Let it drain out as much of the runoff before putting back into tent or grow area.

Let them dry out for two days or how ever long it takes for the pots to feel light again.

Once the pot is light, then hit them with another feeding with some nutrients.

i'd still bet $1000 it just need to dry out. if you've had plants dampen off before you'd see this looks exactly like it. not kind of, but exactly like it.

We’re you using your garden hose?

Maybe next time, fill up a watering can, since your in 3 gal pots, then 2 gallons of fresh water from the tap should be fine.

This is what I want you to do. Elevate your pots, so they stay out of the run off.

Pour water in top of soil, let it pool, let it drain, pour more in, let it pool, then drain. Continue consecutively until the watering can is empty.

You want to do it in one go at it with the watering (flush).

Let it drain out as much of the runoff before putting back into tent or grow area.

Let them dry out for two days or how ever long it takes for the pots to feel light again.

Once the pot is light, then hit them with another feeding with some nutrients.

Will do
I used my shower hose/faucet. Turned it on to like a mist / low pressured switch

Do you think it would be better to let it dry out then redo the flush in a couple days or should I redo the flush now?
I’m considering after I flush, I’m just going to feed ph water with CAL mag, until the color gets better. Then start giving nutrients again.

Will do
I used my shower hose/faucet. Turned it on to like a mist / low pressured switch

Do you think it would be better to let it dry out then redo the flush in a couple days or should I redo the flush now?
I’m considering after I flush, I’m just going to feed ph water with CAL mag, until the color gets better. Then start giving nutrients again.

the fact that not one person has mentioned a specific nutrient deficiency or lockout should make you wonder a bit. I'll say it one more time and then i'll unfollow as to not watch you finish off your poor plants.

It's dampening off. you need to let them dry out now.

Will do

No, ride out the flush you just gave them.

If they don’t seem to be doing any better after you give them their next feeding. Then do another flush like mentioned above.

Remember, damaged leaves may never repair them selves. Keep an eye on if it worsens, and an eye on the new growth.

the fact that not one person has mentioned a specific nutrient deficiency or lockout should make you wonder a bit. I'll say it one more time and then i'll unfollow as to not watch you finish off your poor plants.

Bye Felicia! :ciao:

Okay
I read up on dampening off too, my plant has a lot of those symptoms, but also the 1st week it had an overdose of nitrogen and turned really dark green, then this week it turned yellow so it could be a lockout too. I’m not sure, I just want the guy to recover.

If I leave it to dry, should I wait until the colors return then I water them? And when I do , should it just be normal water or nutrient water?

just want the guy to recover

Hopefully it’s not a guy, but time will tell lol! Unless it’s a feminized seed.

Wait until your pots are light before giving them more water. If it was too wet and needed to dry out, then what ever you do. Do not feed until others pot is light.

Next feeding, feed with nutrients. You should have washed out any salt buildups in the soil with the flush you did. Letting the pots sit in the run off is what worries me with your flush.

Just roll with the punches.

Hopefully it’s not a guy, but time will tell lol! Unless it’s a feminized seed.

Wait until your pots are light before giving them more water. If it was too wet and needed to dry out, then what ever you do. Do not feed until others pot is light.

Next feeding, feed with nutrients. You should have washed out any salt buildups in the soil with the flush you did. Letting the pots sit in the run off is what worries me with your flush.

Just roll with the punches.

Yeah its a girl, I call them little guys from habit
Feminized seeds from MSNL

I just flushed them out again. There's some new leaves popping out the top. Ill cross my fingers and hope everything works out in a couple of days. Ill keep ya posted! and thanks for the help again!
BTW, do you have any good recommendation on growing books to read?

A long time ago, I bought the cannabis encyclopedia, and it has everything a person need to know about cultivation.

Before that I bought an audio book called cannabis by Damien miller. It was a short book, very simple, and was helpful until I got the encyclopedia.

There is also lots of information posted all through this forum as well. Just need to do a lil searching through the forum :thumb:

A long time ago, I bought the cannabis encyclopedia, and it has everything a person need to know about cultivation.

Before that I bought an audio book called cannabis by Damien miller. It was a short book, very simple, and was helpful until I got the encyclopedia.

There is also lots of information posted all through this forum as well. Just need to do a lil searching through the forum :thumb:

Thanks a bunch
Yeah i’ve Just joined 420magazine, just to save my little buddy :D
I’ll be sure to check out everything I need to

Thanks a bunch
Yeah i’ve Just joined 420magazine, just to save my little buddy :D
I’ll be sure to check out everything I need to

There’s a lot crammed into the forum! Lots to learn!!

Happy to have you over at my journal as well. It’s a bit long, but if you ask others, it may be worth your time. :thumb:

Keep us updated on your plants.

Have you thought about making a journal?

Here’s the update on my plants.

Day 17 LSD, and MAG autos
I feed 1-2x times a day depending on how my plants look
Ph: 5.5 - 6.0
Nutrients, CALmag and flora trio
Temperature: 24c - 30.3c
Humidity: 47 - 81
Medium: coco coir and perlite, 3gal smart pot

I havent touched the sick one since last flush on Monday . It seems that the orange dots is spreading to some of the upper leaves. I did some research and my plants look like they have orange rust? What should I do?
Should I flush it again? Spray some remedies made for orange rust?

And yes, I plan on making a journal. I have notes from day 1 of the grow till now

Attachments

• A38F7279-852C-4A44-93C3-CB7F5C4D97F6.jpeg
    A38F7279-852C-4A44-93C3-CB7F5C4D97F6.jpeg
    475.3 KB · Views: 197
  • F210D65E-DD45-46BC-A6D5-543A9DB42AAE.jpeg
    F210D65E-DD45-46BC-A6D5-543A9DB42AAE.jpeg
    589.6 KB · Views: 210
Back
Top Bottom