Half a LB a Month in an Aeroponic Tent

Flower Day 40/12 and a New Light

New light arrived yesterday. One box was stealth but the other had advertising and someone else's order handwritten in 2" letters on the outside. It's a good thing I'm legal otherwise I wouldn't be too happy about it. All items arrived safely and in good working order. The only complaints would be no "manuals", packing tape on the glass, and slow order processing. Pricing was excellent and shipping time was good. I would definitely order again, just not when I'm in a rush.

New ballast

new_ballast.JPG

New hood

new_hood1.JPG

The hood is about 1/2 the size of my old one so I may order another hood. I will wait until the next round is in place since I will be using a trellis and the plants won't be as tall.

I had a little accident setting up the light which is why my carbon filter is out of the tent. I was trying balance across the tops of the plants while feeding the hood cord out the back of the tent. I pulled on the bar that was holding the new hood, a heater, and a fan. Too much weight for the plastic clip and everything came crashing down, including me, right on top of plants in section A. :thedoubletake:

I snapped a couple major stems and knocked off a bunch of leaves but was able to tie most of it back up. Hopefully everything will be ok.:wood:

flower_ad40bd12.JPG

Section A Day 40
vert_ad40.JPG

Section B Day 12
vert_bd12.JPG

Lights out Day 40
overall_ad40.JPG

ATF
atf_ad40.JPG

Afgoo
afgoo_ad40.JPG

I got a little nute burn when I switched over to Dyna-Gro in my veg system. Emptied the res and started over with 1/2 strength. Plants are starting to like their new diet.

veg_ad12bd5.JPG

Here's the clone bucket I made. Smaller footprint than the big tub. These are doing ok but I think the bucket is too short. I'll be switching it to a 5 gallon soon.

clone_bucket.JPG

Now just sit back and wait for them to get fatter then Albert.

This light is working great. As mentioned previously the Afgoo got a little burnt. I cut the burnt portions out after taking this pic.

Flower A Day 49
fa_d49.JPG

Being too close to the light isn't the main problem. Last harvest one of the MK's hermied and when I pulled it out of the tent I accidentally bumped it sending out a puff of pollen. Well it looks like a majority of that pollen landed on the Afgoo's. No other explanation as to why they're putting out such small flowers. A few other buds got hit on the other strains to but not nearly as bad.

Flower "B" is coming along just fine.

fb_d21.JPG

No pics of veg and clone this time but they are all looking good. The rainbow I put into the cloner on 1/28 is already the same height as the ATF that is on deck for flower.

It looks like a National Geographic special on the Amazon rain forest canopy. Really impressive growth! By the looks of that density it seems they'd settle for nothing less than 1k watt of light. You're going to need a machete for harvest. :yummy:

I'm glad someone got it...

Busy day over here. I've been doing a fair amount of electrical work. New 30 amp, 240V circuit and breaker, 30 amp outlet, and a 30 amp subpanel complete with 240V timer, 240V outlets, and 120V outlets.

I was planning on doing this awhile back but none of my lights were wired for 240V. Now that my new light came with a 240V cord I decided to take the plunge. No more popping breakers and I've tripled my available power in the garden. Now I can get rid of some power strips and extension cords that have been annoying me.

I'm glad someone got it...

Busy day over here. I've been doing a fair amount of electrical work. New 30 amp, 240V circuit and breaker, 30 amp outlet, and a 30 amp subpanel complete with 240V timer, 240V outlets, and 120V outlets.

I was planning on doing this awhile back but none of my lights were wired for 240V. Now that my new light came with a 240V cord I decided to take the plunge. No more popping breakers and I've tripled my available power in the garden. Now I can get rid of some power strips and extension cords that have been annoying me.

Nice electrical additions!! You not only cleaned house, you've made yourself some serious headroom for the future if the need ever arises. :welldone:

Back
Top Bottom