Half a LB a Month in an Aeroponic Tent

I don't know about cleaning house. That is one chore that needs to be done. Finding the right time to do it is another story.

I think that after this harvest I will go ahead and pull everything out of the tent, take the tent out of the room, clean, and reset everything to how I want it. Perpetual harvests can definitely be a pain in the ass. If I had more room to get around it would be one thing but with limited space it's almost easier to do a single harvest of a larger crop.

I hadn't fully considered the maintenance challenge with a perpetual grow, but it makes perfect sense to hear it. Makes me appreciate more of what you are doing in a given space.

With the cleaning house thing I was just referring to the electric. It's got to be a good feeling knowing you have that juice going in now.

Electric is almost all cleaned up. I still need to secure cords and cables but the big stuff is done.

New_Electric.JPG

I decided to move the veg shelf back to it's original location now that the electrical is cleaned up. The cloning unit will return to it's original position as well after the next rotation.

veg17.JPG

The following are different shots of the flower room I took today...Enjoy!
Under the units

Under_Flower_A.JPG

Under_Flower_B.JPG

Flower A

ATF_top.JPG

ATF_side.JPG

ATF_D51.JPG

Afgoo_side_bud.JPG

Flower B

RB1_D23.JPG

RB2_D23.JPG

ATF_D23.JPG

AK2_D23_Top.JPG

AK2_D23.JPG

AK1_D23.JPG

Afgoo_D23.JPG

Closeups

AK_Close.JPG

SDC100261.JPG

ATF_Close.JPG

ATF_Close2.JPG

MK_Close_2.JPG

Looking good hash... trying to get caught up on the journals.... You may be surprised at how little got pollenated. Pollen got all over the closet. I had the 4 hermied kush girls, have harvested 2 and found one mature seed. Have one about ready to harvest, let her go some extra, and one I really chopped back severely when I found the balls. Sorta just testing this out some. Will be posting some new pics tomorrow... have not kept up due to hub being in the hospital...

I've been thinking about WnF's cab that he's got his Euphoria in along with the changes I want to make to my flower room and decided I needed to expand. Since I really had no wall space nor an actually laundry room I decided to frame one in. It only required framing up one wall with a door in it, only about 20 minutes of actual labor. Measure, cut, place lumber, nail, set into place, plumb, secure with screws, set door, and sheet rock. Normally I would have nailed it once it was plumb but I used screws since this is a rental. I will probably put a ceiling in too but want to think about doing some plumbing first. I just need to decide if I want to rough in a utility sink or just a spigot and where I would put it.

Having this new wall in place will give me enough space to house the clone/veg room. I won't move any actual systems until I harvest that way I can take the time to clean the systems out and have them empty when I move them. Once veg is moved I can pull the tent down and properly finish the flower room including cleaning and sealing. Hopefully this will eliminate some of the stink that has been drifting into the house whenever someone enters the garage.

I've been thinking about WnF's cab that he's got his Euphoria in along with the changes I want to make to my flower room and decided I needed to expand. Since I really had no wall space nor an actually laundry room I decided to frame one in. It only required framing up one wall with a door in it, only about 20 minutes of actual labor. Measure, cut, place lumber, nail, set into place, plumb, secure with screws, set door, and sheet rock. Normally I would have nailed it once it was plumb but I used screws since this is a rental. I will probably put a ceiling in too but want to think about doing some plumbing first. I just need to decide if I want to rough in a utility sink or just a spigot and where I would put it.

Having this new wall in place will give me enough space to house the clone/veg room. I won't move any actual systems until I harvest that way I can take the time to clean the systems out and have them empty when I move them. Once veg is moved I can pull the tent down and properly finish the flower room including cleaning and sealing. Hopefully this will eliminate some of the stink that has been drifting into the house whenever someone enters the garage.

Sounds like a great plan. WnF has an awesome setup. I'm looking forward to seeing it! :goodluck:

P.S. One man's "stink" is another man's perfume! :)

That should create some really nice operating space for you. All the nicer seeing you only had to do one wall. Good idea with the screws... in keeping with being able to pack things up quickly that you'd mentioned. I love the yield per sq ft of your setup and I still haven't ruled out Stink's perpetual system if going larger becomes an interest. I've long preferred sativa and sativa heavy strains and I would really like to grow some eventually. That'll also be real nice getting water closer.

How's the crop getting on?

Good going Hash!

How's the crop getting on?

Trichs are starting to turn amber. I'm going to wait until they're all ready to go before I chop since I will have additional space. The two AK-47's are going to go into drip buckets so I don't have to worry about them getting to big. The ATF in veg could use a little more time anyway.

Flurry of activity lately in the garden. Harvest is complete after three nights of trimming. I'm so glad I had some help. I definitely need some sort of trimmer for the next round. Trimming by hand is too labor intensive and painful for me even just doing one plant a night.

The new veg/clone cab is almost complete. Once everything is moved I can turn my attention to the mess known as the flower room. I need to get that completely closed in and sealed. I'll post some pics tomorrow of harvested plants and the work I've got done so far.

Flurry of activity lately in the garden. Harvest is complete after three nights of trimming. I'm so glad I had some help. I definitely need some sort of trimmer for the next round. Trimming by hand is too labor intensive and painful for me even just doing one plant a night.

The new veg/clone cab is almost complete. Once everything is moved I can turn my attention to the mess known as the flower room. I need to get that completely closed in and sealed. I'll post some pics tomorrow of harvested plants and the work I've got done so far.

Congrat's on the harvest, Hash! :high-five:

I'm definately looking forward to the pics, weights & smoke report along with seeing your new cab re-design.

I'm about a month from my first harvest, which will only be a couple of plants, but it seems all of a sudden I'm hearing a bunch of people saying what a PITA it is to do the trimming. Since it will be my first harvest and I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing, I'm guessing it will take me twice as long as it did you, so I've been looking at trimmers, also. It just seems they're tough to find for under $250 (unless they're a pair of scissors!) and I'm not sure it will be worth it for me harvesting only one or two plants at a time. For the numbers you're doing, though, I wouldn't hesitate, and I have a strong hunch I'll break down and get one too, after doing my first harvest and feeling the pain! :grinjoint:

That's the same one I've seen. Taking a break from putting sheetrock up in the flower room. I have to wait until the lights comes on in the tent so I can shuffle some plants around. I already moved the clone and veg systems into their new homes but still have a ton of work to do. A parts run is in order shortly after I take some measurements and make a list.

My love for sativa dominant plants has made it a necessity for a 9 week flowering schedule. With all the extra space in flower I will be adding a flowering system and changing my schedule from 4 weeks down to 3.

Good for you Hash! Nice to hear you had some help for the trimming and caught a break for your hands. I'm looking forward to the post game report.

You're not wasting any time whipping your changes into order my good man. That extra space ought to be great.

Congratulations! ;)

You're not wasting any time whipping your changes into order my good man. That extra space ought to be great.

There is good reason for making the changes. Waiting on a bill to go through the house (already passed in the senate) that will allow me to become a licensed producer through the Dept. of Agriculture. I will only have until May 1st to file letters of intent with the different state and local offices otherwise I would have to wait until July 2012. Once I receive a letter of acknowledgment back I can really have some fun. Of course there are auxillary benefits to the changes I've made already. Number one on the list is reduced energy consumption. I was able to eliminate the 1500W heater from veg due to a more compact and well insulated environment. Temps and humidity are right where I want them.
Cab_Temps.JPG

Construction Zone

Well the new cab is not quite finished but is fully functional and occupied. Like any new construction there are definitely some punchlist items.

New_Cab.JPG

I'm debating whether or not to put these into flower on Friday or wait until they're a little bigger. I'm not too concerned as they're not scheduled to go into flower for a few more weeks.

Rainbow_Veg.JPG

These guys however, will go into flower on Friday.

Misc_Veg.JPG

AK_Veg.JPG

Of course that means I need to get the ceiling finished and all light leaks sealed since they will probably stay in there current location. Having an empty slot in the tent does give me some options though.

The current batch in the tent are at Day 33 and everything is looking good except for the Afgoo that I already knew was a crappy plant. It's healthy but this cut does not produce the quantity or quality of buds I need.

Overview Day 33
Flower_B_D33.JPG

ATF and Afgoo
AG_TF_D33.JPG

Rainbow
Rainbow_D33.JPG

AK47
AK47_D33.JPG

Here is a random pre-harvest closeup from the last batch...
PreHarvest_Closeup.JPG

I don't have any pics of the trimmed plants as they're all in the drying box which is buried behind a bunch of crap in the garage right now. I'll post some pics when I strip the buds in a few days.

Great job on everything! Excellent addition of working and production space. Congratulations on your coming status with the Aggies! What a major step that is. We're not only polar opposites geographically... but unfortunately politically as well. My state sucks.

Also congrats on saving 1500w... that's HUGE!

Hash, the operation looks real sweet and I'm certain you're going to work it to it's maximum. Lovely trichs too! :bravo::goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom