Ona Block & Ozone Generators?

sfsgosu

Hey all, have a couple Qs about these 2 products.

By the way, ill be growing in a small closet, only going to be growing about 4 dwarf plants at a time (similar to lowrdyer #2).

Ona Block-
what is it and how do you use it? i know its a product thats suppose to eliminate odor but what is it exactly? like, is it something you spray on the plants or just put it in the grow box or how do you use it?

2nd Q would be, for this small growing space, would ona block do the trick or should i get an ozone generator aswell? its ok if it smells a BIT but not too much yano.

Oh and incase someone suggests it, a carbon filter is NOT an option.

Thanks in advance :)

ONA neutralizes odors naturally. ONA products are designed using scientific principles of molecular bonding. Two odors can offset on another when they combine to form a bond. ONA's active ingredients come from a blend of 32 essential oils and plant-derived compounds that bond with and neutralize a wide array of odors.

Place a block in ventilation ducting to control odors for 15 to 30 days, add gel to misting systems or humidifiers or dispense into rooms.

Closet suggests confined quarters with elevated heat, possibly people or pets sleeping nearby...

Ozone is hazardous, so if the closet is in a room that gets used, if you leave the door open to deal with heat/fresh air, or if there is an HVAC intake near the area, then you could run into issues in controlling safe ozone concentration. The smell of ozone is hard to miss but for those being exposed to it regularly, over time it reduces ones ability to smell in general (desensitization), it irritates the respiratory system and causes lung damage in some cases. It's important to know the volume of the grow space/deodorized area and calculate exactly how many minutes the generator must run to reach the desired level.

If you live in an arid environment then make sure you have the humidity up in the correct range. Ozone better does its job when there is water vapor in the air, and is less effective in dry air.

It is critical to maintain a high level of circulation within the space to ensure that the ozone is well-distributed. Otherwise, the heavier than air ozone settles on the floor in higher than desired concentration. After the room has dosed it should not be entered for at least an hour (IMO). If ozone is detectable by smell, do not enter. Purchase a few ozone test strips online and measure to ensure that you keep your living area safe. If you sleep near the unsealed garden then understand that you should never dose the room while you're in it, or about to go in it.

When using ozone generators, don't use cheap mechanical timers or other systems that can fail and kill everyone in the house, or at least your pets. If you buy a generator that uses an exposed UV lamp, don't look at the lamp, it can burn your eyes.

Keep an eye on the plants and know how to identify ozone burn on your plants, a specific speckling.

You killed standard carbon filtration but consider the commercial air purifiers that come with replaceable carbon filters - use one in the living room - some have built in ionizers. You can also switch to the premium HEPA furnace filters (Filtrete), some of which are impregnated with carbon. Use baking soda/carpet fresheners when you vacuum the carpet, sleep with Kingsford Charcoal briquettes in your pillow, nah just kidding! Even consider having a crockpot of beans simmering on a regular basis. It might sound crazy but beans are cheap and they overpower any odor in your house all day long, plus they're good for you and when you get the munchies, they're ready and waiting!

Apply the OVERGROW concept in attacking an odor problem by using multiple approaches, don't forget low-tech and when possible, avoid magic bullets that can fail or have limitations.

LOL! ill drill a few holes in my wall to run some duct and set up a carbon filter (which i SERIOUSLY do not want to do) way before i get some carbon monoxide-sounding poison from this ozone crap lol.

thanks for the heads up man ^^

yeah i changed my mind after reading some stuff about them in the overgrow faq. sounds to me like youll be fine unless youre a moron about it

i use ona block, i have a small closet i grow in that is off the main bedroom. i have the ona block in the bedroom, just drilled a few holes in the lid, it works fine, smells like clean laundry. if i open the closet the smell comes out and over powers the ona block, but with it closed it can manage it just fine.

How's this for searching old threads?

So, has anyone been disappointed with ONA block? I have one that I am hoping to use for my small Mac case. Probably right outside of the case but not directly in line with the exhaust. The case is in a small utility closet, but the intake to the furnace is in the same closet! I wasn't concerned before but the more I read the more it sounds like I might need more than just an ONA block.

Opinions?!

I have an Ona block of fresh linen scent in my flowering room with 16 plants that started flowering a week ago. I have the cap fully off of it.

This Ona block can had been used for 2-3 weeks already, and the stuff was kind of dried up, but I cut the block apart into several smaller chunks, exposing more of the fresh material inside of it.

I don't smell marijuana at all, I don't even have the carbon filter plugged in!

If it works, it works. I just hope the chemicals in Ona will not harm the plants.

I use ONA pro gel in my exit fan....... works great
img1456a.jpg

When I open up my bloombox it stanks and is only 2nd week of flower. I put the ONA block behind my floor fan for about 5 minutes and bam, smell be gone. It does a pretty good job. Once I close the box back up the carbon filter does well enough for me to put the cap back on the block. ONA is a great investment!

Back
Top Bottom