Opinion on gnat control/killing them

Coronanitas

so I just took care of one problem and now I have gnats. I would like to know whats most effective way to irradicate those bastards. I have the option of using Azamax or 3% hydrogen peroxide. I am in coco perlite mix and using canna a&b with humboldts secret golden tree. I am entering my 2nd week of flower. I have read that the h202 will kill the larvae on contact and add positive o2 to the medium but possibly kill good bacteria as well. The Azamax will work but it takes time. I have the yellow stickies out and have managed to trap a few so far. I know this doesn't sound bad I just want to get rid of these asap. Does any body have any results using the h202 good or bad.

I have only used diluted neem oil, and it worked well after application for several days. They were gone for several weeks, but they're back again, with several plants 4 weeks into flower. I'm still trying to use the neem oil to get rid of them, but I can't spray all the growth if I want to smoke it! I spray all the drain holes, the top of the soil, and any leaves I can, without getting the bud. It seems to be helping again, but I'll let you know how it ends up. If the H2O2 works, I may adapt that!

Since you're in coco/perlite, it isn't really a "living soil", so you wouldn't be killing all the bacteria like you would in soil. Not to say there isn't good bacteria in there though...

Place sand on the bottom and top of coco, it will act like razor blades to the gnats, place yellow sticky cards around to catch the flying beasts (gnats are attracted to yellow). Try to keep top of coco dry as possible when not watered. :peace:

Neem Oil its organic and systemic,
also kills molds, but really look to the problem
why bugs are attacking you weakened plant in the first place!

Back
Top Bottom