Oregon House Oks Industrial Hemp

Ms. RedEye

420 Support
420 Staff
SALEM - Oregon is a step closer to growing industrial hemp with a House vote on Monday.

Industrial hemp, a cousin to marijuana, can be used to make clothes and food products. The bill would allow the production, commerce, and possession of hemp products. The House passed the bill on Monday with a 46-11 vote.

Rep. Jules Bailey, D-Portland, demonstrated the diversity of industrial hemp products with visual aids like hemp tortilla chips and a non-dairy milk product.

Holding up a T-shirt, Bailey said "Senate Bill 676 is about rope, not dope."

The bill heads to the governor's desk.

News Hawk: MsRedEye: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Oregonian
Author: Melissa Repko
Copyright: 2009 Oregonian Live, LLC
Contact: Contact Us at OregonLive.com: Oregon's leading news, information and community Web site with The Oregonian and The Hillsboro Argus
Website: House oks industrial hemp - Oregon, Northwest and National Politics & Elections News - Oregonlive.com

well, someone is finally seeing the light, huh?
in India and other developing countries the hemp industry is flourishing. i have been buying hemp fabrics, stretchy ones too, for t-shirts and linen-like hemp fabric to make my family clothing. it stays nice and becomes softer and more comfy wash after wash, and colors don't run. ready-made hemp garments are still on the expensive side, so i am glad i can sew.
our healthfood store sells hemp bread, supposes to be good for you. why this valuable renewable resource has been forbidden here in the u.s.a. is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom