Organic Mako Haze and Auto Flower Fruit Stealth Pro Grow w/Pics Help

lookin4fun

This is the beginning of my first grow.
From my pics, you will see my first grow room, and also a problem that I need help in solving. Veteran growers feel free to chime in.

I have 3 Mako Haze sativa clones (2 on the far right and 1 on the far left) and 3 Fruit Automatic Flowering sativa seeds in the middle from good 'ol Amsterdam (yes, really, my plants are real and they are not some cheap ass bag seeds.)

The plants have been in my grow tent for 1 month.
The Mako Haze clones were about 9 inches tall when I got them, and as you can see they are lanky. I should note they were like that when I got them (lanky). Now they are over 2 feet tall.

The Fruit Automatic seeds are now about 6 inches tall and very filled in. Thick and lush. So sexy, they make my mouth water thinking about how good those buds will taste and smoke.

I theorize that seeds grow better than clones due to the appearance of thicker foliage, and clones grow upward faster to help compensate for their lanky type of growth. (they started life stretching outward and then throughout their planted life they continue.)

Anyways my problem:
There appear to be white blotches of mold starting to form on my leafs, can't find any info or similar pics online of this problem, that is why I need a veteran grower to help me with my issue.

All comments welcome, please.
:blunt:
2011-01-08222447.jpg

2011-01-08222432.jpg

2011-01-08222351.jpg

2011-01-08221430.jpg

2011-01-08221525.jpg

2011-01-08221649.jpg

2011-01-08221607.jpg

Hi, what's your humidity at? Are you able to take pictures that have the spots in focus? It's really tough to see what it is from your pictures. The first thing that comes to mind is "Powdery mildew" but as I said, it's not possible to make out from your pictures.

Thank you for responding, I am convinced it is powdery mildew and in my desperation I made a solution of hydrogen peroxide 3% with water (30%H2o2 to 70% tap water h2o) certainly made a large dent in the growth on an emergency basis. Humidity is rather high, working on buying a vent system for the tent, at current I get a ton of humidity... it is a problem. What do you think of the grow setup?

Thank you for responding, I am convinced it is powdery mildew and in my desperation I made a solution of hydrogen peroxide 3% with water (30%H2o2 to 70% tap water h2o) certainly made a large dent in the growth on an emergency basis. Humidity is rather high, working on buying a vent system for the tent, at current I get a ton of humidity... it is a problem. What do you think of the grow setup?

Setup looks good brother. Powdery mildew will thrive in cool damn conditions. What are your temps and RH? Do you have a thermometer and an RH meter? If you don't, that's the first thing you should go out and purchase. You can pick up a unit with both between $10 and $20 so they're cheap.

That is my next purchase, along with a booster duct vent, pre-filter and carbon filter to run through my grow tent. Tent is 20" x 30" x 5ft tall... you think 80cfm will do a good job at removing the smell of my apartment. LOL it smells like a pot field when you walk in my front door LOL! :cheer:

Setup looks good brother. Powdery mildew will thrive in cool damn conditions. What are your temps and RH? Do you have a thermometer and an RH meter? If you don't, that's the first thing you should go out and purchase. You can pick up a unit with both between $10 and $20 so they're cheap.

I would say my temp is about 70F and humidity between 60-75%(high i know)
This is just an educated guess. My plants sweat so much water it is rediculous.
This is a good illustration of my current watering status:morenutes:
They are very thirsty.

Do you have any better pictures of the spots? Are you doing anything about the mildew?
Honestly I don't think 80cfm is going to cut it. That rating does not take into account any resistance. Just remember that the thicker your filter and the longer your exhaust pipe, the smaller the amount of air the fan will be able to expel. So to answer your question, it all depends on your grow space, the thickness of your filter, and the length of pipe(and size of exhaust pipe).

How often do you water them? Honestly, I would just go out and spend $10 to buy a thermometer with an RH meter today. You can't really property grow MJ inside without them.

Unfortunately, I have to wait till payday. I water them every 3 days ish depending on soil inspection results... if the soil is dry downward of 1 inch, I water about 6 to 8 shot glasses worth of water for the clones. The seedlings in the middle get the rest of a gallon jug that is left over... about 1/2 of a gallon. They seem to love it. After watering time overnight they grow about 1 inch. It is incredible to check them in the morning.
I run a 24 hour grow light cycle until I feel the plants are big enough for flowering. I need a large crop production as I can't afford my medication otherwise.
I can't figure out why more people haven't responded to this post.

They will, don't worry. It takes some time for people to join. Well, you're ok on the watering. You run your lights 24 hours a day? Personally I think (as in nature), you only require 18 hours of light for veg. Not only will this give your plants time to rest but it will also save you some money on the electric bill. Is that a heater in those pictures or just a fan?

This is 6 days of growth from the first pictures above, compared to the photos above look at the rate of growth.
It's like a jungle in there, all I need are some monkeys LOL

newgrowth11411.jpg

It is a fan, had some carbon filter in it, but the carbon filter looked to be spawning the powder mold problem so I took the carbon out and circulate the air inside with it. It is pointing upwards to an unused reflector which spreads the air through the canopy.

I am, Auto fruit are into week 2 of flowering, the mako haze are not flowering :(
Ordered an inline fan and a professional charcoal filter, should be here in less than a week.
I used Hydrogen peroxide and water to kill the Powdered mold. Works great. I also have a UV-C light wand that I pass through the foliage about once a week. seems to be helping a lot. The Auto fruit is doing well, no signs of powdered mold even at its worst.
Watering about every 3-4 days. I use about 1/4 tsp of nutes per gallon every other watering... it seems to burn the plants with anything more.
How you been man?

Ps, my growth has exploded. I had to put more light in to penetrate the canopy. The plants are about a foot taller and very bushy.
Who says CFL doesn't work LOL!

I'm alright. I don't know if you checked my journal but I waited a little too long to transplant so I think I set them back a few days. I'll just have to make sure not to make any more mistakes and I'll be fine. Once they got transplanted, I can totally see them taking off. I'll be taking pictures this weekend. :)

Are you putting any more light in-between the plants? That should help with the lower parts getting light. Check out BlueDog's journal, he has his girls literally surrounded by CFL's.

Happy growing and keep the updates coming once in a while.:roorrip:

Hi lookin4fun

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom