Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

this is from when I first started 11 yrs ago
4g hempy organic soil OC+ and Dynmite Red 12/12 from seed 400w hps.
followed the never remove a leaf rule, yielded 4.5 oz but lost about an ounce to bud rot on that fat cola.

Papaya 11 wks E.jpg

do you add any extra lime to it
I don't actually, but now I'm thinking maybe I should. I'm just now coming to terms with how alkaline my tap water is, so it would make sense that the buffering additives have been giving out because I've been consistently getting lockout issues starting up around mid flower.

Edit* On second thought, maybe not. It's the Calcium carbonate that I'm already getting too much of from my hard water. So adding dolomite lime I assume would only make it worse - if I were to continue using my tap water.

I'll probably just be better off cutting my tap water with RO, that should get me the Ca and Mg that the OC+ doesn't provide.

This has been a great thread to read through, but I'm still at a loss for what the recommended quantity to use for cannabis is? (and whether or not that amount changes based on the type of substrate being used).

I grow in SIP buckets/totes using Sunshine Mix #4, and supplement with MegaCrop in the "reservoir". I'd love it if I could switch to just straight RO water and let the OC+ take care of the rest, but the last time I checked their application rates for container plants, it was something like 2-3grams per liter of substrate, which I believe differs from most here. That application amount would give me roughly the following per 5gal bucket:

Screenshot_20220812-114521_Edge.jpg

A bit high in N as many have already mentioned, but who am I to say what works when dealing with slow release nutes...

I just finished my Osmocote expiriment . It was fine through veg but had to be supplemented with K and Ca a week or so into bloom.

I just finished my Osmocote expiriment . It was fine through veg but had to be supplemented with K and Ca a week or so into bloom.
Very cool! Thanks for posting that!

Shame about the bud rot, I'm in zone 5b and I've got a couple Froot by the Foot autos going very well in 3.5gal GroBuckets, but I can't stop worrying about the damn humidity though. These will be only my second attempt at an outdoor grow, last summer I lost a White Widow auto to bud rot.

Back
Top Bottom