Outdoor grow concerned about all the Hemp

Cannacaps4U2

Outdoor grow concerned about all the HEMP

So here in southern Oregon we are seeing an explosive growth in hemp planting.

I have several fields within 5 miles from my home.
What are cannabis growers doing to keep cross pollination from ruining our grows.

I am a recreational grower two plants outside and two inside.
I think my indoor ladies will be OK, but I am worried about my outdoor grow.

Any suggestions?

I think that this will become a growing problem in the future as both cannabis and hemp continue to proliferate. What about the neighbor just down the road who didn't sex his or her cannabis plants causing male pollen to drift into your fields? This will also become a growing issue. Moving forward the only way that I think that we'll be able to keep our girls from being dusted by rouge pollen will be to grow in greenhouses equipped with hepifiltration systems or in an otherwise protected indoor environment such as our homes.
If I'm not mistaken there are initiatives being discussed in the some states such as Cali that would make it illegal to have a male cannabis plant outdoors during it's flowing phase of growth. This may be a bit extreme but it's one of the ideas that are being considered to address this issue.

This can be a pretty big problem for a lot of outdoor growers. I have no hemp farms anywhere near my house. But one of my summer grows about 5 years ago got quite a few seeds in most of my plants. I have no idea who was growing, but it must have been someone in the neighborhood. I can see how if you live near a farm, your plants could possibly get a lot of seeds. My problem was minor compared to what could happen being close to a farm.

Outdoor grow concerned about all the HEMP

So here in southern Oregon we are seeing an explosive growth in hemp planting.

I have several fields within 5 miles from my home.
What are cannabis growers doing to keep cross pollination from ruining our grows.

I am a recreational grower two plants outside and two inside.
I think my indoor ladies will be OK, but I am worried about my outdoor grow.

Any suggestions?
I do believe most hemp farms for oil are feminized because they want flower without seed also.I have also seen some conversations about banning male hemp plants outdoors due to ruining other hemp farms that are oil and not fiber based.Just a few thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom