Outdoors in Oregon Questions

HotLooSey

We grow inside which is so control-able but outside is up to nature.
This year we put some vegged plants outside in July, and OH MY, do they love it. Great size and color.
Now it is the end of August and what do we expect in flowering? When do you start feeding a flowering fert from a veg fert?

When do you expect harvesting? If the rains come early, how do you deal with that? What is your timetable experience?

Any other thoughts or insights?

merci,
LUCY

your plants should have already been on a natural (days get shorter naturally after June 21st aka Summer Solstice)...... 12/12ish cycle since the end of July...My outdoor girls have been flowering for almost a month now...I would give them a good flush and the next watering start on the flowering nutes...starting slowly and increase..you know normal stuff when it comes to nutes....Im expecting harvest mid to late September right around there...you cant do too much when it comes to mother nature's water cycle aka the rain...it should be okay as long as your plants are drenched in it for days...i mean MJ is a weed so therefore its pretty hardy just keep an eye out for mold and such...but besides that you should be okay...im assuming that since your in Oregon the cooler weather is thinking about coming around...if thats the case you know that MJ doesnt like temps below 60* so check on that too...but really just check the plants and if they are fine then leave em alone...no need to pull them until they are ready to be

We grow inside which is so control-able but outside is up to nature.
This year we put some vegged plants outside in July, and OH MY, do they love it. Great size and color.
Now it is the end of August and what do we expect in flowering? When do you start feeding a flowering fert from a veg fert?

When do you expect harvesting? If the rains come early, how do you deal with that? What is your timetable experience?

Any other thoughts or insights?

merci,
LUCY

I'm in Southern Oregon and my outdoor plants started flowering at the end of July, colas have formed and they're filling in nicely. If this year follows past trends, the trichs should be ready for harvest from late September for a couple of plants and the rest in early October.

082209_1.jpg

082209_3.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/082209_3.jpg

your plants should have already been on a natural (days get shorter naturally after June 21st aka Summer Solstice)...... 12/12ish cycle since the end of July...My outdoor girls have been flowering for almost a month now...I would give them a good flush and the next watering start on the flowering nutes...starting slowly and increase..you know normal stuff when it comes to nutes....Im expecting harvest mid to late September right around there...you cant do too much when it comes to mother nature's water cycle aka the rain...it should be okay as long as your plants are drenched in it for days...i mean MJ is a weed so therefore its pretty hardy just keep an eye out for mold and such...but besides that you should be okay...im assuming that since your in Oregon the cooler weather is thinking about coming around...if thats the case you know that MJ doesnt like temps below 60* so check on that too...but really just check the plants and if they are fine then leave em alone...no need to pull them until they are ready to be

You're referring to daytime temps of 60°? I ask because our standard night temps are normally 50-55° throughout the summer/early fall and it's never been a problem.

Since I was giving them a grow nute recipe, could that have kept them from flowering?
So, the changing season, less light (even 14 hrs per day) and cooler temps are the primary triggers for the flowering cycle.

when i grew outdoors in portland i harvested around october 15th-20th

when i grew outdoors in portland i harvested around october 15th-20th

Yep. I'm down south and we're usually a week or so ahead of that area. Some years a few plants always go off a little early, which is a nice piece of luck regarding the harvesting, trimming and drying chores.

here's a photo of the MEDICINE MAN - a white rhino hybrid
MM_outside_001.JPG

Looks like a couple of colas ends are going to flowering but I can't really tell from the image. The top's going off so you shouldn't be that far from flower. I don't what part of Oregon you're in but our first freeze averages October 15th. We all get very nervous if maturity looks much beyond that date. Even though I don't worship a god I always hope for Indian Summers.

Back
Top Bottom