Parnelli's 2020 Outdoor Grow

Back home again and I watered the girl yesterday. Here are a couple of pix to show the emerging blossoms (future nugs). She is now over 6 feet tall!

2020.12.jpg2020.13.jpg

With Fall fast approaching and fewer hours of sunlight there are more buds beginning to appear. The plant is emitting an aroma I can't yet put my "nose" on and the leaves are not yet sticky with trichomes. I'm trying to be patient.

Looking gooood!

Got some powdery white stuff on a few leaves. After a little research by searching 420.com for white mold I decided to spray the big girl and cut off the offending leaves. I used an apple cider vinegar solution suggested by a few growers. I'll check this AM to see if more spraying is needed.

Attachments

• 2020.14.JPG
    2020.14.JPG
    877.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 2020.20.JPG
    2020.20.JPG
    770.3 KB · Views: 38
So here's the latest pix

Trichomes popping out and lots of buds. One surprise is that there are few if any trichomes on the smaller fan leaves. I found that growing indoors in a tent there were more tric's on the leaves.

From what I could see in my 10X loupe the tric's are clear. I's so happy that it will be warm and sunny for the next few days. It should help them to get stickier and turn milky.
2020.24.JPG2020.25.JPG2020.26.JPG

Found out the plant is going thru the Autumn Color Effect (A.C.E.). I cut off the yellow leaves to give the buds more air circulation. The purple leaves are part of the natural autumn coloring and indicating that it is getting close to harvest time. I need to be patient because there are still some white pistils and space for more trich's.

Found out the plant is going thru the Autumn Color Effect (A.C.E.). I cut off the yellow leaves to give the buds more air circulation. The purple leaves are part of the natural autumn coloring and indicating that it is getting close to harvest time. I need to be patient because there are still some white pistils and space for more trich's.
Good luck brother. Watch out for mold

I'm having a tough time with this decision of when to harvest. After doing even more research and trying to see the trichomes up close I'm going to wait until the 3rd week of Oct. I can't really tell if the trich's are cloudy yet; I don't have a powerful enough loupe; I just know that they are not amber yet. From what I'm seeing it looks like the trich's are still clear and the pistils have just turned darker. The plant isn't really as sticky as those that I've grown in a grow tent. (This is the biggest outdoor grow I've ever done)

Hope I'm doing the right thing. Given my schedule I can't keep an eye on the plant so the earliest for harvest will be next week. One bit of advice that seems to be prevalent is "be patient". I'm having a tough time with that :confused:.

Back
Top Bottom