Past Due

dudewithaquestion

i have some green crack here that is on day 54 of flower (since 12/12 switch) im not a believer of the indica does this and sativa does that bullshit because it has been proven endlessly that the variety does not determine the effect. now im also starting to fall off the wagon about the clear cloudy and amber trichs.

this green crack i have here is 54 days into flower since the lights went 12/12. all the leaves are starting to be drained of their stored elements and minerals and nutrients all turning pale yellow and all the telltale signs of a plant being ready to harves. Also about 99.99% of the white pistils have turned brown and curled in.

however the trichomes are still around 60% clear and 39% cloudy with around 1% amber but the amber that i see are only located on the sugar leaves. not many maybe 1-2 half amber out of every 10-20 bud locations.

what is everyones thoughts on this harvest. the breeder says it is a 50-55 day harvest but i never go by that. i have been going by trichome ripeness up until recently because i have been able to prove every theory wrong about trichome ripeness and the effect each stage has from my customers and their reactions to previous strains from previous grows.

Attachments

• Green Crack #3 Day 54 of Flower (9).jpg
    Green Crack #3 Day 54 of Flower (9).jpg
    645.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Green Crack #3 Day 54 of Flower (10).jpg
    Green Crack #3 Day 54 of Flower (10).jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Green Crack #3 Day 54 of Flower (11).jpg
    Green Crack #3 Day 54 of Flower (11).jpg
    817.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Green Crack #3 Day 54 of Flower (12).jpg
    Green Crack #3 Day 54 of Flower (12).jpg
    645 KB · Views: 124
  • Green Crack #3 Day 54 of Flower (13).jpg
    Green Crack #3 Day 54 of Flower (13).jpg
    844.5 KB · Views: 132
I understand your question and frustration . Now I let mine completely yellow out and for some strains the transition of cloudy to amber is slow and others not so much . You will always have some clear at least in my experience . I do not go by breeder days/weeks , I go by the plant . In your position is when I start to increase the darkness going form 12/12 to 11/13 and then to a 10/14. This triggers the plant that it is time to wrap things up and should aid in your Trichome dilema as it has helped me . Its another reason that dj short (Was told) recommends to run a flowering cycle of 11/13 especially with sativas indoors . I harvest mine at around 5-10% amber . I have tried the same strain with over 50% amber as compared to 5-10% and it is a different high ..for the lack of better terms a heavier high .

I’ve spent countless hours looking at trichomes through a jewelers loupe….including when the buds are a solid 2-3 weeks away from any sort of harvest window. I’ve found clusters of cloudy trichs well before the buds were ripe and fair number of clear ones on buds that I had let grow too long.
Trichs start appearing fairly early in the stage and are produced till the very end. So it’s reasonable to conclude that they are a moving target and constantly changing.
I’ve let autos grow to 21 weeks before in an effort to have more ambers…and they never did appear. I should note that the terp profile of those buds disappeared though. I don’t know why some plants don’t seem to produce amber trichs, but I suspect it’s environmental with the genetics also at play.
If my buds look ripe in my eyes, I’ll harvest.
The trichs are what they are.
I’ll look at the breeder timeline and kinda note whether it’s a longer or shorter running strain, but that’s the only use I have for what the breeder says. Plants act differently in different environments and how they act in my grow space is the only activity that concerns me.
Enough of my ramble…sorry….but those buds look close. To my eyes they look like they are just entering the beginning of a good harvest window.
If they were mine, I would grow them another week for sure. They’ve been in 12/12 for 54 days but how long after the flip did they start showing ? I’ve had plants start in a few days and others (one in particular) that went almost 3 weeks before it got going.
I’d like to see zero white pistils but have learned that a few white pistils is not a harvest dealbreaker. But in your case, being kinda early and with a lot of clear trichs, and a few stray white pistils, I would wait.
I’m no scientist and don’t claim to be, but I think it’s a scientific fact that clear trichs equate to less thc. But as long as you have a good percentage of cloudy ones, the mixture (of Cloudy & clear) will produce certain effects specific to the ratios.
The cloudy to clear percentages and corresponding effects are a bit of mystery. I think the standard summary of more amber=couch lock and less amber= flightier energetic high is way oversimplified.
Your buds look good and the plant looks plenty green enough to go a bit longer. But that’s just my take and totally understand if u chopped it today.

I’ve spent countless hours looking at trichomes through a jewelers loupe….including when the buds are a solid 2-3 weeks away from any sort of harvest window. I’ve found clusters of cloudy trichs well before the buds were ripe and fair number of clear ones on buds that I had let grow too long.
Trichs start appearing fairly early in the stage and are produced till the very end. So it’s reasonable to conclude that they are a moving target and constantly changing.
I’ve let autos grow to 21 weeks before in an effort to have more ambers…and they never did appear. I should note that the terp profile of those buds disappeared though. I don’t know why some plants don’t seem to produce amber trichs, but I suspect it’s environmental with the genetics also at play.
If my buds look ripe in my eyes, I’ll harvest.
The trichs are what they are.
I’ll look at the breeder timeline and kinda note whether it’s a longer or shorter running strain, but that’s the only use I have for what the breeder says. Plants act differently in different environments and how they act in my grow space is the only activity that concerns me.
Enough of my ramble…sorry….but those buds look close. To my eyes they look like they are just entering the beginning of a good harvest window.
If they were mine, I would grow them another week for sure. They’ve been in 12/12 for 54 days but how long after the flip did they start showing ? I’ve had plants start in a few days and others (one in particular) that went almost 3 weeks before it got going.
I’d like to see zero white pistils but have learned that a few white pistils is not a harvest dealbreaker. But in your case, being kinda early and with a lot of clear trichs, and a few stray white pistils, I would wait.
I’m no scientist and don’t claim to be, but I think it’s a scientific fact that clear trichs equate to less thc. But as long as you have a good percentage of cloudy ones, the mixture (of Cloudy & clear) will produce certain effects specific to the ratios.
The cloudy to clear percentages and corresponding effects are a bit of mystery. I think the standard summary of more amber=couch lock and less amber= flightier energetic high is way oversimplified.
Your buds look good and the plant looks plenty green enough to go a bit longer. But that’s just my take and totally understand if u chopped it today.
4 year old post mate
Roll another one
:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom