perpetual regeneration setup with blumats, questions

johndoeman

Hi guys,

I'm new here but I like these forums already because it is very medical cannabis oriented. Cannabis helps me a great deal with my hypertension and tinnitus problems and, since I refuse to partake in any form of trafficking, I decided to start a perpetual grow of my own in order to maintain minimum supply of medecine to improve my quality of life.

Here is my small closet set up:

Lights: Leds, 303w (1*135w (3w leds) blackstar, 2*54W (3w leds) red and blue grow bulbs and 20*3w white leds)
Medium: about 85% coco/15% perlite in smart pots (1*3 and 1*5 gals)
Nutes: H&G Coco A+B, Ata clean, PK13/14, mycco madness, enzymes, humic/fulvic
Water: Quite horrible tap water with 8Ph and 0.4Ec that I filter with active carbon to clean it a little.
Plants: 2 Feminized local cross indica/sativa. One is about 50/50 the other is more like 80% sativa.
Temps and Rh are variable but overall good.

At the moment, I have 2 plants in this setup. The 50/50 is about to get done in the next 2 weeks (first cloudy trichs showed up a few days ago) but the mostly sativa seems to need at lest another month if not 6 weeks. This is problem for me as I would have loved to keep both to regen but, since I cannot have a separate veg space, I think I'll have to let one go. :((
This takes us to my regen questions. I know, in theory, how to regen a plant. I just need to leave a few pop corn buds whith healthy leaves at the bottom of the plant when harvesting and switch light to 24/0 until the plant starts to grow new shoots out of the buds. Since I use smart pots I do not think I need to trim the roots as they do it themselves, right? But what about the watering? I know that the plant will drink a lot less in the first few weeks of regen as it has only a fraction of it's canopy left. So, how do i set up my blumats for this specific situation? Do I dial them back allowing the coco to dry a bit, do I let them keep on watering the way they do now( a drop every several seconds to maintain proper wetness of the medium without runoff), or do I stop using them altogether and switch to a manual DTW until the first shoots show up? If the latter, how often should I water?

Now, about the nutes. I try to keep a healthy population of bennies in my pots, I feed them with honey melted in boiling water, also, I add, from time to time, a bit of humic/fulvic and enzymes in my pots. Knowing this, and especially since I intend to reveg my plant, do I need a real pure Ph-ed water flush the last week before the harvest, or, should I just keep my normal feeding going (about 1.0Ec because I use the blumats without runoff) and just switch to plain H&G coco in Ph-ed water for the Nitrogen boost needed for the regen?

Lastly, what about light intensity during the reveg process? Is bigger better, do I need to keep the lights going strong or should I dial them back to maybe just half the power I use now?

I'd like to thank anyone who took the time to read this post and will try to help me. Any imput is welcomed.
I'll most probably have more questions in a near future but I guess that's it for now.

see ya guys.

Guys, scratch the blumats. I spent last night browsing LEDRF's thread and I learned a lot from it so, I decided to box the blumats and start using DTW from now on. So my questions have changed a little bit.
Can I keep a healthy pop of bennies in my smart pots while using DTW? Maybe if I water once a week with them?
The question about light intensity during reveg remains, should I stick to my 303W or dial it back?

Thanks in advance for any help.
JDM

Back
Top Bottom