PFR and PR questions

So for over a year now I have searched high and low for studies into the amount of light that it takes for a plant to stop producing PFR (the pigment that tells the plant to veg) and PR (the one that tells it to flower).

Many try to say its any light and blah blah blah. But that is simply false. I know because I have had plants flower when they had lights directly on them for well over 18 hours a day (but from too far away apparently) or doing a GLR type lighting (also from too far away).

I have shined light on plants in the middle of the night for over an hour and they kept right on flowering or even entered flowering. Outside the stars and moon can also make it bright as day, however plants flower just fine with it. Clearly any light does not stop PR from being produced. I deduce that it is a amount of PAR which must be reached in order to begin production of PR and stop the PFR. Which would also explain why sometimes a light looks like it is just shining right on a plant to the human eye, but perhaps that light contains almost no PAR which is why the plant still thinks its dark.

My FAQ is this. I never once have found any research on this subject. Not just on cannabis, but on any flowers, period. Some scientist must have done studies on this matter and published his work before. But I can not find it and I really want to. So can any of you guys help a brother out and point me towards the research which almost certainly has been done somewhere at one point.

Don't make me buy a $1000 light meter and build a $2000 room just in the name of science... cause I ain't got that kind of money. Unless someone wishes to sponsor the research, then by all means lets get it cracken :).

the way its been described to me, is simply the plant builds up PR at night no matter what. and durring the day, the light degrades/eliminates the PR

and when the light cycle drops low enough, or the light intenisty is low enough, the PR builds up until it hits the level that tells it to flower.

using this theory, autoflowers would just a genetic that builds PR no matter what light cycle.

this may not be correct,(infact its probably far from it) but it made enough sense to me to just accept it :p

Back
Top Bottom