Phosphorus Deficiency? Please Help! 6 Weeks in Flower.

BrokeSmokes

Strain - Indica OG Kush Mix from Bagseed
# of Plants - 3
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Flower 12/12 Since July 16th
Bucket Size - 1 Gallon (Probably a bit smaller)
Lights - 4x23W CFL 2700K
Soil - Miracle Gro Moisture Control
PH - Unknown (Will be buying a meter soon)
RH - 30%-50%
Room Temperature -78 to 85
Room Square Footage - 3x3x2
Pests - Seen a few Fungus Gnats

I'm about to hit week 6 in 12/12. I have 3 plants and this particular plant seems to have retarded thin leaves with discoloration and necrotic spots. The buds seem to being doing better than the other plants. I also feel like this one will be ready for harvest far before the others. The pistils are much more mature than the others. The others are mostly covered with white pistils still. Also, I am seeing a light amber tint already on some trichromes.

On another forum, I was suggested two things. One was flushing with clearex and bloom nutes and cal mag. The other was that I may have a Magnesium and Phosphorus Deficiency.

One other question. Everytime I've supercropped her main shoot it would shoot right back up lol I've already tried 3 times. Whats up with this?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

20140824_135433.jpg

20140824_135417.jpg

20140824_135409.jpg

how often are you feeding nutrients.. looks like a touch of burn on some of the leaves, you also have "the claw" happening, which is a sign of too much nitrogen. Too much of any nutrient can lock out others, I would flush with plain water for a couple of waterings then go back to feeding, but if your trichs are changing color already, you could think about starting your final flush to get all nutes out of the plants.

And when you supercrop, you usually have to tie it down because these plants are resilient and will bounce right back up if not tethered.

Ah, figures. I guess given that the other two didnt bounce back like this one, made me think I was maybe snapping the stems the wrong way. I'll be forced to tie this girl down after one last super crop because its already about an inch from the top.

Looks more like nitrogen toxicity. Probably because your miracle gro is still releasing nutes that the plant doesn't need in flower.

I thought the same. I will start flushing her tomorrow.

how often are you feeding nutrients.. looks like a touch of burn on some of the leaves, you also have "the claw" happening, which is a sign of too much nitrogen. Too much of any nutrient can lock out others, I would flush with plain water for a couple of waterings then go back to feeding, but if your trichs are changing color already, you could think about starting your final flush to get all nutes out of the plants.

Nutes I'm guessing are released everywatering which is about every 2-3 days when the top soil is bone dry. Will i be okay flushing with tap water? And when I do flush it needs to be 3 times the size of pot correct?

Yes I believe this plant is definitely going to finish a week or two before the others. The pistils are maybe about 50%-60% mature.

This is my first grow and I've learned a great deal already. Next grow is definitely going to be in FFOF with their trio nutrients. Thanks guys. Mind if I post pics of my other plants? Hoping you guys can estimate my yield and maybe give some more advice if possible?

I'm not sure about the flushing, I'm not a soil grower. And don't worry about the pistils, look at the trichomes to tell when to harvest. And start your next seed in a less hot soil than FFOF. It had a tendency to burn young plants cause of the nutes in it. When you transplant it from its starter cup, put it into FFOF. Feel free to post your pics. If you want some more people to see, feel free to go in my sig to the Perpetual Playground, it's open to everyone to post their grows and pics and get advice

Back
Top Bottom