Phosphorus problem?

Justpassing

Hello room,

Just a question on some trouble I'm having with one of my girls.. This is a Super Lemon Chunk strain I got from the seed dispensary for free when purchasing Bubbas Gift seeds. The Bubbas arent showing the same stresses as the Lemon Chunk. Ive had issues with this one since it was small. I think I had a Ph Lockout issue early on, which I think I have managed through a few flushings and correct nutes.

I'm still having this problem with the rust coloured spots and crunchy leaves in some spots. The majority of her is fine just a few spots that are irritating me. Not all are on the lower part of her either. I've tried adding Epsom salts for the mag and calcium just to try it with no luck. Then I read about the phosphorus being a possible issue? I am using the Sensi Grow 2 part solution every other feeding for nutes, just corrected water in between. They aren't in flowering just yet, going on 6 weeks in veg, the Bubbas are short so I want them to grow a bit more.

Any help or anything else I can provide? The fert pic was one that I had laying around that has a high P number on it so I thought I'd throw that in to see if there is any point in trying it too?

Thanks in advance !

IMG_135129.JPG
IMG_135226.JPG
IMG_135328.JPG

Hi there,
Firstly you need to put more info regarding you're grow for the experienced growers to help you out,

I also use sensi grow and I know I have to supplement with calmag every feed but I'm in coco, to me that looks like overfed, tips yellow and crispy what ppm are you feeding ? I can see on the new tips look burnt, how far are lights? You in soil? Coz soil have enough nutes for atleast 4-5 weeks,

Can't really comment not enough info
Plus the old leaves won't get any better you need to watch the new growth to see if symptoms have been resolved, to me that looks like calmag deficient, how long did you feed epsoms salts, and how much?

The advantage of a grow journal:
While it seems like a lot of work setting it up when you 1st do it, there are examples of information on the site which gives you the basic information or you can just copy and paste your favorite growers 1st page of his grow and change the pretense information so it is relative to your personal grow. Here is the #1 advantage to setting up a grow journal, when you have an issue like you have above, a person who has never seen your garden can do a little reading and all the basic information needed to make a diagnosis is right there. Also if you keep a regular update on your journal, we can see what you have been doing and how often you have been doing it without having to ask you. The cool thing about a journal is you can tell people everything you did, be it right or wrong and no one will be judgmental about what you did. I know personally on my 1st grow journal I was saved from a bad spider mite infestation by Major Pita. I did my daily update and he posted, "hey you might want to check that plants I think I see signs of spider mites on the leaves." Sure enough when I looked there they were. By him pointing it out to me before it became an issue I was able to eradicate them much more easily.
I get it that not everyone is into doing a journal, thats cool I am just saying when you have issues and need help, a journal sure makes it much easier for folks to help you get back on track.

Best of luck in your garden

Thank you for the replies. I've been feeding with the cal mag a few times to see if it helps, but always burning. Like rust colours a few leaves down. I've flushed it again a couple days ago too with no help.

What confuses me is there are 3 others, different strain, in the exact same soil with zero issues, look nice and healthy. This was the "free" seed they gave me to try with the purchase of the others.

My water is always around ph9 so I bring it down to 6.5. I let it sit in the open also from the tap, at least 48 hours. I don't have a ppm meter either just a ph. Feeding schedule is about every 4 days, alternating between water and nutes. Started nutes at 1/4 strength and moved up throughout a month. They have been vegging almost 2 months now. Have a short Bubbas gift I want a bit taller. I think I recall seeing a couple "furry" chunks in the soil too, maybe mould? But I took it out right away, just a small spot prior to me flushing it. Don't know what else to try when the others are so healthy doing the same...

More likely got a little bit of nutrient burn on that strain.

You can not treat all strains the same as some prefer heavy feeding whilst others are light feeders this sort off stuff crops once in awhile whilst growing different strains at the same time.

Thank you very much. That was the answer I was looking for. I'll go to straight water.. What ph would you suggest for this strain? Little higher ? I think it's quite low by the time I runs off in the pot

Back
Top Bottom