Phosporus defientcy

blk92mustang

Hey can anyone recommend a fertilizer for plants tha are suffereing from a phosphoros defiency or a home brew to help? I took a few leaves that are turning brownish and crisping up to a buddys and he said it looked like a phosphorus defiency. Sorry I don't have camera to show any pics right now. Thanks

I am about 4.5-5 weeks into flowering. It happened on my last girl too. Got to about 4-5 weeks and almost all the fan leaves got brown spot and curled up crispy. Buds stay fine, just all the fan leaves get this way. I know the fan leaves yellow and crisp up at the end. But its to early.

Im growing in soil, have a 400w HPS. I used foxfarm ocean forest and tiger bloom in flowering. Occasionally hit them with superthrive once a week. I plan to give it some grow big during th 5-6 weeks per the foxfarm schedule.

Using one gallon grow bags too.

Is your pH ok, like 6.5-7.0? A cheap source for phosphorous (and potassium) is Alaska Morebloom (0-10-10 / N-P-K). Grow Big has phosphorous too. One gallon grow bags seem small for mature plants, depending on what you're growing. If pots get root-bound they may still feel heavy (as if moist) but just be packed with roots, and one could underwater. With smaller pots and packed roots you need to water more often, relatively speaking.

Sounds like no one added powdered dolomite lime to any of this.

Dolomite lime not only supply's cal/mag, but also buffers the soil pH.

I really don't understand it, It's cheap, ~$10/40lb bag and solves most of these problems before they begin.

There is NO soil mix made that does not need the addition of lime or perlite ...NONE

Get that straight and a LOT of problems would be solved.

DD

Back
Top Bottom