Photoperiod vs Automatic with regards to yield

bakesale

Hi,

Given the best yielding strain in both photoperiod and automatic grows which ones yield will be higher. Take into consideration that a full cycle or photoperiod takes give or take 6 months, and automatics take 3 months meaning you could have 2 automatic grows in the same time frame of the one photoperiod grow. Has anyone done this experiment in an controlled environment where all variables are the same with both types of plants ?

Depending on strain and the environment photos take 4-6 months generally. I gave the time frame of 6 months as i want the maximum yield you can get from a photo which would mean giving it the maximum amount of time under the light.

Generally, if you're looking for yield you should avoid autos because they're typically a smaller plant and a smaller plant has a diminished capability to produce. I've only done autos once (simply because I got a free seed with an order) and my final yield was a fraction of what I can get from a photo period plant. I'd rather get 6 ounces from one grow/one photo period plant than 4-5 ounces from multiple grows with multiple autos. Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom