Growing autos with photoperiod?

Doctor Trevor

For my next crop, I plan on three photoperiod and one auto.

Would I use the same feeding schedule for the four? Or would the auto need something else for being a faster grower?

For my next crop, I plan on three photoperiod and one auto.

Would I use the same feeding schedule for the four? Or would the auto need something else for being a faster grower?

I feed my autos and photos exactly the same.

Agree with @farside05, feed the same, but watch the auto, it MAY, be able to take a little more, let the plant tell you, like, if it it’s growing slower or the leaves lighten, then you could give her just a little more, and of course you will be adding extra bloom nutes sooner than the photos (unless you’re going to flower them all at about the same time). Have fun!!!!

I want to grow two autos along with two photos in one tent. I’m thinking if I switch the lights to 11 on - 13 off, the photos will flower and the autos, while they won’t have as much yield perhaps, would still do reasonably okay. Appreciate your thoughts on trying this. Thanks.

I think don't? If you are growing photoperiods you could easily just let that veg in the place of any auto flowers, or maybe you want something that's done early, but if lightstarved they will take a long time as well.
Just fill the tent with photos.. and then add 2 autos for the next run and just do autos properly.
Thanks. Interestingly my first two grows were photos but they were outside. For inside, is it possible to make them be ready in 90 days or so by changing the lights to 11/13 or whatever after say week four?

i would be careful i have a auto with photoperiod there 29 days in flower my photoperiods have fat buds my auto has tiny buds. its not stopped growing Its still growing 29 days into flower its 5 and half ft. I saw chuckeye auto he had fat buds i think it depends on the strain u grow and how big they are when u flip them to 12/12 i will post a pic later when lights come on and show the difference the plant looks healthy just tiny bud

Well of course you can do it, but yeah why make it yourself difficult? My take remains a photoperiod can easily veg a few branches extra or whatever the auto is doing in no time certainly if you're going to give it less than 18h. then you are better off putting buds there that will flower properly.

Or you could start the Autos already under 18h and then add the photoperiods and use the latter part of flowering for photoperiod veg time and when the autos are finished switch to 12/12 and then they could still expand into the space where the autos were.

I want to grow two autos along with two photos in one tent. I’m thinking if I switch the lights to 11 on - 13 off, the photos will flower and the autos, while they won’t have as much yield perhaps, would still do reasonably okay. Appreciate your thoughts on trying this. Thanks.
You need to start your Auto's 4 weeks before the Photo's to do it right. That way your Auto's will be flowering while your Photo's are Vegging under 18/6 lighting. As soon as you harvest the Auto's your Photo's will have vegged long enough to flip to 12/12. Of course if you are using separate tents for each none of this matters.

heres the difference in my auto and photo the leaves are sagging slightly as its 6 inches from light the light is top of tent it wont stop growing it was 12 inches away last week according to dutch passion it should only reach 4ft it was a free seed so it could be a dud
WP_20221101_16_04_45_Pro - Copy.jpg
WP_20221101_16_05_46_Pro - Copy.jpg

heres the difference in my auto and photo the leaves are sagging slightly as its 6 inches from light the light is top of tent it wont stop growing it was 12 inches away last week according to dutch passion it should only reach 4ft it was a free seed so it could be a dud
WP_20221101_16_04_45_Pro - Copy.jpg
WP_20221101_16_05_46_Pro - Copy.jpg
yes, you might have a mutant
this is a strain I created using my super stinky and blueberry auto

I grew this auto under 12/12, it is the top of another auto plant. (Yes, A clone)
Also did a little bit of sculpting on the top bud, as it was growing

so yes cutting an auto in flower is possible depending on the strain
my outdoor summer grow I had to top my auto because it was getting too big
didn't seem to slow it down much

yes, you might have a mutant
this is a strain I created using my super stinky and blueberry auto

I grew this auto under 12/12, it is the top of another auto plant. (Yes, A clone)
Also did a little bit of sculpting on the top bud, as it was growing

so yes cutting an auto in flower is possible depending on the strain
my outdoor summer grow I had to top my auto because it was getting too big
didn't seem to slow it down much

nice looking buds never new u could clone a auto i ended up bending top until it stayed in place i had a little room next to plant in picture as its only in a 1 gal may i ask how long the flowering was hopefully it is a mutant

nice looking buds never new u could clone a auto i ended up bending top until it stayed in place i had a little room next to plant in picture as its only in a 1 gal may i ask how long the flowering was hopefully it is a mutant
can't remember how long It took but it was long
It was blooming a few weeks in my veg room but was getting too big, so I put it in the 12/12 flower room. couple to reroot + the few week + 12 = about 16-17 weeks
it was crossed with my super auto strain that grows 120-150 days seed to harvest
Think the blueberry shortened it a bit
Don't think you can top one that blooms in 21 days. How long did it take yours to start blooming?
The super auto takes close to 2 months to bloom

can't remember how long It took but it was long
It was blooming a few weeks in my veg room but was getting too big, so I put it in the 12/12 flower room. couple to reroot + the few week + 12 = about 16-17 weeks
it was crossed with my super auto strain that grows 120-150 days seed to harvest
Think the blueberry shortened it a bit
Don't think you can top one that blooms in 21 days. How long did it take yours to start blooming?
The super auto takes close to 2 months to bloom
i vegged it for 5 weeks then flipped to 12/12 its auto orange bud from dutch passion they say 11 weeks seed to harvest its sativa my others are indica sativas take longer than indica as you will no so im thinking close to what your saying until its done 16 weeks it started blooming about 2 weeks after others so about 7 weeks veg i see people with autos that flower way before mine about 3 weeks my last autos took about 6 weeks to start flowering on 18/6

Back
Top Bottom