PHX vs. Roor

Stoobie

In the next few weeks I plan on purchasing one of the two. I have seen pics of both and know they are the cadillacs of bongs but my knowledge of the two stops there. What are the differences if any, what do you prefer and is there anything else i should know about each that would make me buy one or the other? Thank yous

Either one is a great pipe. Buy a Phx if you like the percs. Personally, I don't have the lung power necessary to operate them, so I just go with ice catches instead.

Whichever one you buy you will be happy.

well..........i guess it depends on what your preferences are. i mean both are quality water pipes and are hopefully worth the money for them. i have a biased opinion. but i like roors. i believe that the percs, and tripple diffused percs are nonsense. ya, smooth hit b/c of all the tiny bubbles. but i dont like to have to pull immensely on a water pipe. like i said, these are my personal preferences. i dont know if it helps you any in you decision making though. just wait for more input. or put up a poll? anyways, stay green. peace.

i know what ice catches are, but what are percs and diffusers all the other accesories you can buy?

perculators are the u-shaped tubes in a separate part that is filled with water as well. sometimes they are diffused(mutiple holes) this add extra filtration of the smoke that has already been pulled through. the end result is a smoother hit, more suction. and you can buy diffused male pieces. stay green. peace.

Percs are chambers in the body of the pipe that are filled with additional water and offer more filtration. These are not an add on. You must buy a pipe made with them to have them.

Diffusers are replacement downstems that have smaller holes in the bottom. This increases the surface area of the smoke to water and cools the smoke better. Smaller bubbles= cooler hit.

thanks for all the help RooR and hedi:adore:

I bet you already made your choice but, if you havent you might want to look in to a company called Blue Dot. They are a glass company out of Wash. I think. Small company that makes really good glass water pipes for a lot less price...All glass on glass check it out and if any one else has info on them I would love to here it...

my shop sells blue-dots. theyre pretty good considering if you dont want to shell out hundreds of dollars for glass on glass. the only thing i dont like personally is the ice-pinch. it creates to small of a hole which results in more pulling. this is just my pref. though. stay green. peace

hedigoodness said:
my shop sells blue-dots. theyre pretty good considering if you dont want to shell out hundreds of dollars for glass on glass. the only thing i dont like personally is the ice-pinch. it creates to small of a hole which results in more pulling. this is just my pref. though. stay green. peace

I am unfamiliar with this brand, but from your description, anything that is hard to drag from is out for me.

I've hit both and was a proud owner of a roor perc until it broke. I just got my PH(x) trinity yesterday. I prefer it over the Roor. Just my humble opinion. They both kick ass!!!. I like the "beaker stlye" thus the PHX. And i know roor makes em too.......hell.....just get both!!!!LOL

thats actually a pretty good tattoo design. im impressed.:smokin:

Well two local headshops are gonna be getting both in. one is getting PHX the other Roor and I plan to get one of both. I am even contiplating stopping smoking weed until I can save for both bongs and make the first hit more enjoyable. Though it is kinda funny how the one store getting the PHX says that PHX is better then Roor and the one getting Roor says the Roor is better then the PHX.

wow, i was totally joking, props on the drawing. just gotta be better than everyone. man, im gonna go cry. haha. some people are just so serious. plus you really cant convey too much sarcasm with typed letter. stay green. and lighten up. peace.

my friends have gotten pics ive drawn. i even inspired this one girl to get a tattoo. said she didnt want one until she saw my sketchbook. ill have some pics soon. peace. and this thread totally isnt about tattoos.

Back
Top Bottom