Pineapple juice or molasses during late flower

You do know that your plant is already dumping sugars, protein and starches into the soil from its roots...They're called exudates and they're designed to feed specific microbes that breakdown specific nutes that your plant needs. I'm not sure if more is better or not. Just wanted to make sure you know that our plants are doing this already.
This thread/question is 13 years old, I’m betting he’s figured it out by now

You do know that your plant is already dumping sugars, protein and starches into the soil from its roots...They're called exudates and they're designed to feed specific microbes that breakdown specific nutes that your plant needs. I'm not sure if more is better or not. Just wanted to make sure you know that our plants are doing this already.
Old thread or not your bringing up a good point to consider.

I had read similar thoughts by organic gardeners who were wondering about using sweeteners on compost piles. There was some mention of testing what happens when the sugars are added to the piles and it seems that the microbe populations show a spike for awhile and then drop back down as soon as they have eaten all the sugars.

They're called exudates and they're designed to feed specific microbes that breakdown specific nutes that your plant needs.
Yep. The big question is what if the sweetener is feeding one type of microbe which does not consume and breakdown organic material for the nutrient the plant is asking for. Very little to nothing is being accomplished.

Old thread or not your bringing up a good point to consider.

I had read similar thoughts by organic gardeners who were wondering about using sweeteners on compost piles. There was some mention of testing what happens when the sugars are added to the piles and it seems that the microbe populations show a spike for awhile and then drop back down as soon as they have eaten all the sugars.
Hi

Yep. The big question is what if the sweetener is feeding one type of microbe which does not consume and breakdown organic material for the nutrient the plant is asking for. Very little to nothing is being accomplished.
I find that most growers are unaware that plants are scientifically classified as autotrophs - they feed themselves and they are self-sufficient in properly enriched living soil. We need them, but they most certainly do not need us to help them grow.

Plants feed specific populations of bacteria and fungii with simple sugars, starches and proteins, exuded from its roots into the soil when it needs specific nutes. It provides those microbes and fungii with the energy they need to break down certain minerals.

A compelling reason to add sugars would be when a soil expert advises that by adding molasses at a very specific time during a grow I'm helping a particular bacteria break down specific minerals that the plant needs during its stretch.

The same thing goes for mycho. All kinds of mycho are added to soils, but I believe THERE IS ONLY ONE species of endomycho: Glomus Interadicies, that loves to pair with cannabis literally inside its roots and is the major source of phosphorous feeding during flower. Are the other mycho species helping or actually hindering a grow? Not sure, but I use a soil mix that adds G. Interadices so I know I've got the right fungus paired with my plant.

More scientific studies will help us understand how our living soils benefit our plants and over time we'll get good answers. I watched a YT discussion yesterday confirming that scientists are using scanning electron microscopes to study trichomes and how they form, mature and build cannabinoids. At some point in the near future you'll download an app that'll take a closeup of our colas and let us know EXACTLY when the triches are at their highest potency. No need to check for amber ratios, the app will do that for you and much more accurately.

I just harvested more than a pound of very potent Skywalker OG for my 4th grow thanks to all the work that prior growers have done. Between the LED lighting revolution, studies about living soil, and YouTube vids, a neophyte like myself can very successfully grow cannabis indoors with little to no work, from an investment of less than $500! It's certainly a great time to be alive.

At some point in the near future you'll download an app that'll take a closeup of our colas and let us know EXACTLY when the triches are at their highest potency. No need to check for amber ratios, the app will do that for you and much more accurately.
;) Welcome to the Matrix.;) At least until Skynet gets tired of dealing with the Matrix and gets rid of all of us:)and our apps.:).

never heard of using pineapple in a grow sounds interesting might work somewhat because of the sugar content its about the same idea with molasses you re using the sugar to make the plant plump up if you hear more about the pine apple thing let me know
I always use fresh juice on my plants and they come out f**king alsome and they buds are big and nice and fruity

Ho ho Ho, the more you know the more you can grow…!

Blackstrap “UnSulfured”Molasses:

“Blackstrap molasses is high in calcium, magnesium, iron, and potassium (((only buy Unsulfured)))…

It contains a host of micronutrients. Using molasses as fertilizer provides plants with a quick source of energy and encourages the growth of beneficial microorganisms.

(Molasses is about 31 percent potassium, one of the vital macronutrients that the cannabis plant uses to create larger buds with bigger trichome sites. The phosphorus that's in the molasses increases the water transportation efficiency, which then increases the sugar production needed to create the terpenes.Mar 2, 2022)

Mix:

Mix 1 Tbsp/Gal.Water and use every other week (Veg. Stage)

&

(1 1/2 Tbsp Flowering stage… after day 45 about 1x week…

Unsulphured blackstrap molasses. This thick and dark version offers a much more concentrated source of sugars that will kick the microbial life in your soil into overdrive.”

***”Also, for direct nutrient take-in, mix Molasses & spray leaves with

1/4tsp/liter H2O. Leaves will absorb the nutrient. Also, helps fight of pest.

((Using molasses as a pesticide for cannabis

The above formula fights aphids, whiteflies, and lace bugs. Neither of these pests enjoys sugar, so they’ll steer clear of sprayed weed.

Molasses for marijuana soil hinders insect activity in the medium. For example, spider mites often live in the dirt, and the sugar will kill them before they damage your crop.

(1tsp per gal for pest spray).

This formula works well at dealing with pest insects such as aphids, whiteflies, and lace bugs.”

Read more at Gardening Know How: Molasses As Fertilizer: Information On Feeding Plants With Molasses Molasses As Fertilizer: Information On Feeding Plants With Molasses

Back
Top Bottom