Plant having problems send help!

CapWasHere

Our flowering plant seems to be heading south. First, it seems to want water pretty frequently. It seems every 3 or 4 days I open the door to see all the leaves drooping. I'll water it, come back a few hours later, and its perked back up. However I keep losing leaves. At first it was just the fan leaves, most of which have died off. Now alot of the smaller leaves are quickly dying.

Room temp is around 80, there's a fan in there for circulation. I do not have a pH tester. I don't think she's rootbound but i'm not sure on that. Anyway i'd like to keep her alive so any suggestions are welcome.

S5030017.JPG

S5030016.JPG

S5030015.JPG

Re: Plant having problems send halp!

Lower the temp to around low to mid 70's. What nutes are you feeding her? How often and at what dilution?
PS get a ph tester from wallmart or lows. it will ball park it so you can guess what ph addative to use ph + or ph-. Got advanced and spend more for a better reading. Try to get it around 6.5 for the ph. Keep us posted.

What size container is it in? also ventilation, I did not here any mention of it, circulation yes> Light cycle is it on a 12/12? Lower the temp, back the lights away from it a little bit too maybe 6-10 inches, looks like the ballasts are right at soil level, that heat generated can cause effects like that. can you reposition the lights?

Those tubes run hotter at the ends. Try to keep the ends clear of plant matter. You can't really back those off. Anything further than 4 inches and your lumens are cut in half. How many lights are you running? The leaf tips are burnt so your running a hot solution. Bet you upped the nutes thinking she was hungry?:cheesygrinsmiley: Have you tried to flush her and then start over with nutrients? You need to check PH. It can be and is most likely the problem.

I do not have too much control over temp, though I may move it to another spot with more air flow. Right now i'm running 1 150 watt HPS and the 3 two foot flouros as pictured. The HPS has already been raised, its now about a foot above the plant, though with your input i'm going to re-arrange everything.

It is on the 12/12 schedule now and i've been feeding FF big bloom. The next thing on the list is to flush. I believe the pot is around 3 gallons and the plant is about 2 feet. I thought it was enough but perhaps not. We've still got the big pot from our previous grow, but i'd like to think of transplanting as a last resort.

I'll be making a trip to the grocery store tomorrow so we'll be picking up supplies.

Can someone elaborate (or link a post) about pH testers? All the ones I saw at wal-mart were the fish tank ones. Are you supposed to test the feeding water or the soil itself? Anyway, thanks for the input, updates to come

:roorrip:

2 Things.

Big Bloom is not enough by itself to sustain your plant. It may have done ok in the beginning as it used the natural nutes up in the soil as well. Big Bloom is used in conjunction with A vegging nute (Grow Big 6-4-4) during vegatative growth and with a flowering nute (Tiger Bloom 2-8-4) during flowering.

Big Bloom has a fractional N-P-K value. They are starving to death. Due to lack of mutrients and compounded by possible pH issues.

See the Fox farm Schedule and read the print at the bottom. Big Bloom... in conjunction with ....

soilfeed.JPG

2nd.

get a good digital pH meter. This is extremely important for a successful grow. Don't get a litmus style tester, or a soil test kit. get a digital meter. 20 bucks on ebay check it out.

I do not have too much control over temp, though I may move it to another spot with more air flow. Right now i'm running 1 150 watt HPS and the 3 two foot flouros as pictured. The HPS has already been raised, its now about a foot above the plant, though with your input i'm going to re-arrange everything.

It is on the 12/12 schedule now and i've been feeding FF big bloom. The next thing on the list is to flush. I believe the pot is around 3 gallons and the plant is about 2 feet. I thought it was enough but perhaps not. We've still got the big pot from our previous grow, but i'd like to think of transplanting as a last resort.

I'll be making a trip to the grocery store tomorrow so we'll be picking up supplies.

Can someone elaborate (or link a post) about pH testers? All the ones I saw at wal-mart were the fish tank ones. Are you supposed to test the feeding water or the soil itself? Anyway, thanks for the input, updates to come

:roorrip:

First test the runoff of your soil. Add ph neutral 7.0 water to your soil slowly. Collect the runoff out the bottom and test the pH. You want your runoff to be 6.5 + or - .1 or so. if you find that it is coming out higher or lower than adjust with pH up or pH down to make slight adjustments. once your runoff is at 6.5 you know what the solution going in needs to be. All solutions going in whether its just water or nutes need to be adjusted accordingly.

Always check pH of everything coming into contact with your plants. Going in and coming out. If you get this under control you will solve 70% of your headaches.

S5030018.JPG

S5030019.JPG

Did a flush today, and also re-arranged my light setup. Got rid of one of the flouros but hung the other two like you can see a bit farther from the plant. I'll also be doing some other nutrient to supplement the big bloom.

To test the ph you should get a soil and water tester. This lets you know what your doing to your crop when watering it. Then you can test the soil every now and then to watch it. You could also get some ph adjuster so if its spiking you can get her under controll. Get a fan in there, a small one will do, angle it so it blows down or upward off the walls. This will create a circulation of the air in a small space. Its what i had to do. Hope all this stuff helps you man, :peace:

If you need some PH adusting, A suggestion on this maybe to look into an aquarium store or pet shop> look for their "PH Up and or PH Down", for control for aquariums and fish> It works as well for plants both in soils and Hydros>
good to see the lights backed off some> looks good on ventilation>
for supplemental feedings with FF Big Bloom ot Tiger Bloom I add some liquid Sea Weed extract, this makes available 50+ trace elements immediately> and can help adjust the missing nutrients>

Back
Top Bottom