Plant Regeneration

Jackalope

I have a TGA Jack the Ripper plant is the frostiest plant I have ever seen. I plan to regenerate her then use her for clones and then self her.
I have never tried it before and want it to have the best chance of re-growth. My mentor in growing has given me some help full hints like keeping them well fed into budding " Damn it, no flush here " Also after changing the lights to 24 hours to use opaque trash bags over her. reversing it daily to keep the moisture down.
Any suggestions out there? Anything that may help or things to watch out for

I wouldn't keep it 'well fed' at the end. Just make sure she isn't completely starved to death. I just treat them as any other plant before harvest- which is to keep them on very low level nutes till the end.
Make sure to not have her soaked at harvest. You remove most of the plant at harvest and you end up with a way smaller plant. If it's sitting in a wet pot it will be in that wet pot a long time because it's not transpiring nearly as much water anymore.
I just put them in the veg room as normal, which means 18/6 lighting in my case. Give her some light veg nutes, put her in the corner and leave her alone. Don't overwater. I'd skip the garbage bag thing - though I don't quite understand the purpose.
If it's in depleted soil and/or very rootbound you can cut the rootball down to 1/2 or 1/3 size and repot. But it's not necessary.

Thanks for the info. I left plenty of lower branches on the plant to give the plant plenty to work with. The trash bag kind of goes with the limited watering part. It is supposed to help the plant and soil from drying up to much.
She is not over fed. I have been giving her a light feeding when her leaves start to show signs of deficiency. all the other plants are being flushed now.
Not going to repot yet. I might figure a way to keep her tell I find out if the S-1 seeds pop. Might repot after I clone her. This plant would be a shame to loose. I'm going to try and upload pics at the of this run so people can see her in all her glory.

Back
Top Bottom