Plant showing sickness on fan leaves... Help much appriciated.

Doctor Dread

Nug of the Month: 3rd Place Winner
Heres what goin on:

Some sort of green/brown growth on the fan leaves... already cost me 2 fans.

Its spreading. This leaf was fine 12 hours ago...
leaves go completely limp. They turn wet/mushy and lose all rigidity.

00225.JPG

00916.JPG

40 days old 12/12 from seed.
Bagseed
FFOF soil
9000Lm CFLs
75-80 degrees
RH 40%
No pests so far
Ph is at 6.5
Botanicare Pure Blend organic nutes... fed every watering (every other day)
20 ml/gal ProBloom 1.5-4-5
10 ml/gal Liquid Karma 1-1-2

Plant is in a micro-grow environment.

Can anyone shed some light. I was really looking forward to seeing this lil beauty at peak maturity, but at this rate, I'll be pullin her in a couple weeks...

No I am not rootbound. The roots were getting bound, so I trimmed them a little bit. I will continue to do this as the grow proceeds.

Are you rootbound?
well, after thinking it over, I have realized my problem... The micro-grow itself. I guess technically shes not rootbound SG, but at the same time it's bound to this pot for the remainder of the grow. ;)
I figured if I kept the pot small, she would produce a small stash, but remain a healthy plant all the way to full maturity. I guess trimming the roots was a bad idea? I only pulled the ones that were bound, leaving a healthy root ball. I figured this was just a proactive way to keep her healthy, but it seems that was not the case.

Im not too bummed if this grow is botched, although I would love to see her with some thick mini-colas though! I always thought bonsai cannabis was very interesting stuff. Mine is more of an experiment than anything...

Since those pics were taken a few hours ago, that fan shriveled up and died, becoming somewhat moist and soggy feeling... Could this be some sort of fungus or killer mold??

PH is at a steady 6.5, just got done flushing her with PH6.5 water as well to get rid of any salts... I may have been over feeding her.

40 days old 12/12 from seed.
Bagseed
FFOF soil
9000Lm CFLs
75-80 degrees
RH 40%
No pests so far
Ph is at 6.5
Botanicare Pure Blend organic nutes... fed every watering (every other day)
20 ml/gal ProBloom 1.5-4-5
10 ml/gal Liquid Karma 1-1-2

I agree it is a mystery... Maybe it will look familiar to someone.

dude thats no mystery trimming roots. wtf were u thinking. the plant gorws as much down as it does up. it needs that root to get food. i understand were the logic came from but just tye it down top it do anythign but hack the roots up. its like if i cut off your feet and asked you to twenty on your hands and toes. you could only do half. the leves take in light but nutrients are taken by the roots you need both to be performing prefectly to get a good outcome. if you are growing illegal plants why arnt they the best illegal plants possible. but thats a whole other conversation i dont wanna get into. if commercial beaster growers took a little more care it wouldent be as bad

What was in the bag the seed came from? If yer keeping them small you'll harvest fast... 12/12 from seed...yer looking 8 to 12 weeks right? shouldn't really have to trim roots in that time frame, in anything bigger than a 4 square pot. If you really have to rim roots, try lowering the ph to high 5's low 6's, and adding a little vitamin B.

I think it's a symptom of transplant shock...

Back
Top Bottom