Fan leaves tips curling down and some others canoeing and clawed down

dougrugg

Hello,
I called the Advanced Nutes support line but was on hold for over an hour I figured I'd ask the experts.

My issue is that I have some of my fan leaves tips curling down and some others canoeing and clawed down.

I have been in dirt but just switched to flood tables with a few left in dirt. The issue is happening in both mediums.
I have been growing for about a year and have only used Advanced Nutrients.
I started out with the regular Grow, Micro, and Bloom base but ran out a week or so ago and switched to the Jungle Juice Grow, Micro, and Bloom.
Started 12 and 12 on 3/5/13 and about a week and a half ago to two week I started noticing the issue. I did start out on the "regular" Grow, Micro, and Bloom and switched week or so ago.

Here is my flowering reservoir formula but just noticed that you have a NON PH PERFECT NUTRIENT CALCULATOR that I was not aware. I've always used the one that had the Grower Level drop down (guessing it is the PH PERFECT one) :

SensiCal — 2 Ml per gal
Grow, Micro, and Bloom - 12 Ml per gal
Roots X instead of VooDoo Juice 1 Ml per gal
Big Bud 6 Ml per gal
B-52 6 Ml per gal
Overdrive 6 Ml per gal
Bud Candy 6 Ml per gal
Bud Ignitor 6 Ml per gal
Rhino Skin 6 Ml per gal
Bud Factor X 4 Ml per gal

Please help and suggest how I could better my Advanced Nutes formula. Thanks

Doug

saw nobody answered, figured I would chime in.

So far nobody answered (i believe) because your question is a very specific advanced nutes kinda question.

I can tell you what type of nutrient levels a plant needs, which micro nutes and how much. But when it comes to like 10 products from different companies almost nobody would know what they all contain, each of their NPK and mineral levels and other pertinent info.

You have spent a small fortune on these advanced nutes, nutes. I think asking the company directly would be your best bet. Sorry I could not help.

The problem your havign sounds like a standard N tox. Too much Nitrogen in your medium. Or they are staying too wet either one of them or both.

N tox causes dark green leaves and pans to curl under like a "crows claw", common name for it. They will start at the tips curling under and if you keep topping up with Nitrogen the whole leaf will curl under from the center and become really skinny.

If you take this into flower the buds will become really stretched and deformed and be basically no longer nugs but little bud calyx's on stretched stems.

Hello,
ladies_on_4313_002.JPG
hey JB what is the answer for N tox? i chalked up my leaves really dark color to their being from the la confidential strain. Their tips and some edges are curling so I gooogled and ended up i thought with under/over watering issues. now not so sure!

Yeah that doesnt look like an N tox to me. When there too much N they really curl under, but as your are just puffy it looks like over watering mate. They curl under slightly and go puffy when over watered . When under watered the whole leaf and the stem attached to it droop down.

Under watering is easy as the soil will be dry as F***. But if its over watered just let the medium fully dry out between waterings. They do better and grow faster when the medium is drier mate. They are thriving a water then and respond really well to one.

Apart from that they look healthy mate, no real over watering problem just need a bit of time to drink what is there. I really make mine work for their water in the first month so they grow a really big root mass to support them for their full cycle.

The ones in the picture actually lokks pretty good. Its just a big leaf so its naturally going to sag a little. The most common cause of "clawing" is over watering. Usually low water just makes the plants very droopy, over watering causes the clawing effect. Let them dry out a little more between watering.

Yeah leaf curling is from over watering but crows claws, where the leaf not only curls from the center like a droop but also curls sown from the margin is an N tox. First the leaves go really dark green , then they start to curl under from down the length of the center not the width of the leaf.

Yours doesnt have this mate, just clearing up the curling as there 2 types.

This is an N tox....
DSC002273.JPG
DSC002205.JPG

Leaves still stoop "up" but curling down the center. The droop curl is over watering.

But like Weed420 says, yours look fine mate. Only suggested the N tox before your picture was posted :)

I know I did not start the thread but thanks for the info JB. U da man! thanks 4 starting the thread DOUGie!

I know I did not start the thread but thanks for the info JB. U da man! thanks 4 starting the thread DOUGie!

Ha thanks mate, means a lot :) Glad I can help. I like to pass on what I have learnt to help people not do what I did in the beginning.

Thanks guy for all the responses and I'm thinking N tox is my issue... so my next question is how to reverse or is the answer stop feeding?

Overwater lock out N . pure plain simple. hydrozyme and water only till u see new growth..lower ph to 5.6.
good luck

I would never buy Advanced nutes again .......... rip off all their products are 87% water ... i was told by advanced nute saleperson lol...

The problem your havign sounds like a standard N tox. Too much Nitrogen in your medium. Or they are staying too wet either one of them or both.

N tox causes dark green leaves and pans to curl under like a "crows claw", common name for it. They will start at the tips curling under and if you keep topping up with Nitrogen the whole leaf will curl under from the center and become really skinny.

If you take this into flower the buds will become really stretched and deformed and be basically no longer nugs but little bud calyx's on stretched stems.

Hey man u seem to know alot about this and i have a concern
that maybe u can help with.
my leaves are curling down a bit on my new growth
0104141946a.jpg

and my oldest fan leaves are starting to die out a bit.
i havent given her any nutes yet at all
0104141845.jpg

Also i dont know if i should remive some fan leaves like
u reccimended

Do u think i should remove some fan leaves to get more
of a breeze and allow all the little colas in the center to thrive?
0104141746c.jpg

I .had this same issue after repotting. All signs said it was an N tox. issue. My feeding schedule has very little N. SO it has to be my soil, MG Organic. This soil has cow shit and chicken shit in it witch is high in N. I mixed it with lime and pearlite. Tops of plants are still looking good, too late to change soil now, 4 or 5 weeks until harvest

Back
Top Bottom