Pests - None Known
Thank you in advance

On august 15th
IMG_11596.JPG

After 16 days
IMG_15358.JPG

IMG_15345.JPG

I think my plants growing too slow.

How close do you have the light? Usually slow growth means not enough light. With a 400w you should be able to get about a foot away from the tops. But for 2 weeks thats not too bad.

How close do you have the light? Usually slow growth means not enough light. With a 400w you should be able to get about a foot away from the tops. But for 2 weeks thats not too bad.

In the room I have 2 x 400w, because of the very high temperature one is turned-off.

I'm a noobish, so take my words with some caution. ;). But maybe throw some 6500k cfl's on the sides or switch the hps out for a metal halide or something with a higher kelvin rating? They look like they're stretching quite a bit and need the stems to thicken up.

I'm starting to sound like a cheerleader for this technique, but I've been doing it for @ a week under cfls with GREAT results so. Look into GLR! (gas lantern routine?) basically I have my light timer set at 12/12 with a 1hour light interrupt in the middle of the dark cycle. Supposedly it gets the flowering hormones all jacked up and the knocks them back just enough to keep them in veg, while at the same time increasing their growth during the dark as they feel like they're going into flower. I think that's why it does what it does. :)

Definitely a noticeable increase though!

Good luck! I'm in!

I'm a noobish, so take my words with some caution. ;). But maybe throw some 6500k cfl's on the sides or switch the hps out for a metal halide or something with a higher kelvin rating? They look like they're stretching quite a bit and need the stems to thicken up.

I'm starting to sound like a cheerleader for this technique, but I've been doing it for @ a week under cfls with GREAT results so. Look into GLR! (gas lantern routine?) basically I have my light timer set at 12/12 with a 1hour light interrupt in the middle of the dark cycle. Supposedly it gets the flowering hormones all jacked up and the knocks them back just enough to keep them in veg, while at the same time increasing their growth during the dark as they feel like they're going into flower. I think that's why it does what it does. :)

Definitely a noticeable increase though!

Good luck! I'm in!

When you get a journal started that is (embarrassed) :)

The HPS will start out slow growth wise, i was talking to another member who s using the same and has similar problems.
Usually we start out with a MH, or 6500k CFL as the light from these are a brighter white color, where as the HPS is an amber color usually used for flower time.. You can use one all the way thru, but im not sure if the plant will have as much foliage at the start as opposed to an MH or such??
Goodluck and hope all goes well! Smokem..

Back
Top Bottom