Plants too tall

dlchobbes

A new grower, I need some help with plants that are growing too tall for my room. I purchased a hydroponic, 8 "batos", system and have achieved success to the point where my plants are now touching my light which is as high as I can get it. I've been pinching them, but now they're so robust, they're crowding each other. What can I do to shorten them, stunt their vertical growth, etc? I guess my complaint is a relative one that many would like to have.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

dlchobbes, I Would Take Bamboo Poles(WHATEVER SIZE WILL FIT YOUR AREA), Attach Them To The Outside Ring Of Your Container, By Just Lying Them Over The Containers Lip, At An Angle, So The Bottom Part Of The Bamboo Will Touch The Floor, But Still Be A Good 4-6 Inches Above And Over Your Containers Lip, But Angled Down Towards The Floor, Till They Touch The Floor. You May Want To Affix Something To The Part Touching The Floor( A Rock Would Work,Or Wood, Anything That Will Keep It From Slipping), And Basically Wind Your Branches Around,Or Main Stem Around,Providing It Is Limber Enough, The Bamboo A Little At A Time. Kind Of Like A Corkscrew. As The Branch Grows, Just Keep Wrapping It Around The Bamboo, You May Need Ties At First To Keep Them In Place, But Before To Long, You Should NOT NEED THESE!!! The Stems Will Acclimate To Growing This Way, And After Awhile, All You Will Need To Do Is Just Keep Wrapping The Stem,Branch, Top,Whatever Around The Bamboo. Eventually, It Will Get Used To Being Corkscrewed This Way, And Will Train Your Branches To Grow In This Way. I Have Had To Do This Before On Different Occasions(OUTSIDE THOUGH), And The Plants Suffer NO ILL Effects From It. As A Matter Of Fact, It Lets All The Lateral Growth Start To Grow, Quite Vigorously!!! When The Plants Are Harvested, They Look Really Odd, As The Branches That Were Wound Around The Bamboo, Keep Their Shape After Awhile, And Look Like Big Cannabis CORKSCREWS, With Lateral Growth All Over Them!!! The Buds Are Smaller, But This Does NOT Detract From The Weight At All, Just Many Smaller Buds, As Opposed To Larger Ones. Ask MIWA About It, I Think He Might Even Have Pictures To Show You How To Do It, Although, When He Tried It, Last I Heard Anyways, He Had POOR Genetics, And The Plant Died, But Not From The Technique I Just Described!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Hi dlchobbes,

Welcome to 420 magazine website and community that gathers here. I hope you will find the website to be as beneficial and community of folks as welcoming, generous and sincerely interested in others' success as I have.

James makes an interesting suggestion and one I have never seen or heard. So that other experts might offer additional options or thoughts I would be curious to learn more about your girls. How old are they? Are perhaps more importantly, what stage of growth are you in? Would it be possible to get a couple photo's of the plants, lights, general set up?

Here is a link to instructions on how to upload photo's if needed. Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Again, welcome to the community and happy growing!

Thanks, James, that might well be the answer to my question. I appreciate the time you spent on the description,to be concise and sufficiently clear is no easy task. Wish me luck.

Hi, TanR, I think I'm going to try James' suggestion. When I have results I'll report back. Thanks for your interest.

Back
Top Bottom