Please help me with my cab grow!

SOADRULES129

Hey dudes, The 420 Boards are awesome.:adore::Rasta: I have been checking these boards out for a long time and I have learned alot. Thanks for being awesome. This is my first thread, so please be kind.

Ok, well I have decided I am going to start a cabinet grow. This isn't something that I haven't researched at all, I have actually been reading about it constantly. I know all the basics and I have seen all the grow videos. So, i do know most of the basics. I just need some more help. I will just be asking about the cab today but i will probably add some more specific questions later.

Well, today i went to ikea to go cabinet searching. I found one that appealed to me because it looked pretty big and it is extremely cheap. It can be found here. also, If I end up buying it, I will cover up the clear plastic part with something so you cant see light through it.

https://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/sto...Id=10103&storeId=12&langId=-1&productId=12107

I need to have a mother/clone/veg room, and a flowering room. How would you guys split up this cab to meet those needs? I will be using daylight Compact flourescents for Mother and clones/veg and A 150 watt high pressure sodium and some warm white compact flourescents for flowering. Would i just split it in half from top to bottom? or maybe leave a little more room for flowering?

Is this cab big enough for my needs?

What kind of ventilation will i need for each area?

What kind of odor control?

this will just be for my personal stash. I will not be selling at all. but i still want a pretty big yeild. I think its possible. How much do you guys think i can pull of with this cab? Possibly using scrog or sog?

Let me know what method you think will be most beneficial in this cab. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks so much guys. I am so excited. I can't wait to read some replies.:cool:

Re: Please help me with my cab grow!!!

I'm definatley not the best person to give advise with cab grows because I have never done one. But, If you plan on keeping a mother plant around and periodically taking clones from her I definately think your gonna need 2 of those cabinets. One for the mother and clones. Keep the mother on the bottom. and put a shelf in up top for the clones. The other cabinet I would use for just flowering. That's just my 2 cents :smokin:

Re: Please help me with my cab grow!!!

Stix said:
I'm definatley not the best person to give advise with cab grows because I have never done one. But, If you plan on keeping a mother plant around and periodically taking clones from her I definately think your gonna need 2 of those cabinets. One for the mother and clones. Keep the mother on the bottom. and put a shelf in up top for the clones. The other cabinet I would use for just flowering. That's just my 2 cents :smokin:

Dude, That is exactly how I feel. I really want to use 2 cabs. Then my flowering cab could have a bigger light becuase of the height. and i wouldnt be so cramped for space, But I was just trying to keep it as small as possible. But i will totally see if maybe i can get 2. It would probably be alot easier.

Would a cab for Mothers/veg/clones have to be that big? Could i get this cab for flowering and maybe a smaller cab for Mothers/veg/clones? I might be able to compromise and do that, if its possible.

Thanks Stix:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom