Please Help...My Little Ones Are Dying Off

Oceanstate420

Good Morrning All,
I have been attempting to grow hydroponically now for almost 6 weeks. I have started off with clones cut from 4 different strains; AK47, Snow White/AK47, Williams Wonder, Fresian Dew, and Sour Kush. I have had many issues so far and to my knowledge, fixed all the problems that came my way. I went with rockwool at first for plants to root and had nothing after a week because my humidity was too low I guess. I researched and built a 36 spot aeroponic cloner which works great, most plants showed signs of roots in a few days and after about 12-14 days they were transplanted, however at this time, The leaves were yellow and had wilted. I planted all clones into hydroton and 4" net cups. I used 30 gallon black rubbermaid containers and modified the tops to hold pots and top water feeding system. Then the first week I over fed them feeding 15 minutes on 30 minutes off but used the full dose of Fox Farm nutriens as per their hydroponic feeding schedule. More yelloring and crispy leaves and I even lost 2 plants that shriveled up and turned to dust. I flushed system and used new hydroton and replanted all plants. Adjusted timers to run 15 min on and 45 minutes off. Then green started coming back down the spines of the leaves. No real new green, so I tested my water and it was full of chlorine so a week ago I bought a RO water system from local hydro store. Now these are my plants today, they have little brownish circles and some of the leaves are yellow...Any help would be appreciated...OH BTW, I have (2)1000 watt air tube cooled lights, warm air humidifier, and 12,000BTU Air Conditioner. My Temp is constant at 79 Degrees and humidity is always between 40-48%...
DSCI1181.JPG

DSCI11741.JPG

DSCI11751.JPG

DSCI1180.JPG

if u are dont use city water use only pure water (PURE) city water is toxic, ph must be 5.5 and temp under 90 shuld be 6 in if cfl above and 16 if phs
Snapshot_20111203_3.JPG

used city

bucket_1_tall.jpg

pure

also spray your plants at least 1 time a day ether before or after lights ant the bigger the fan the more it dries out the plant yhe closer it is

bucket_2_bush.jpg
doesent take a lot clip the ded and dont neglect them also only water during lights on 3 to 4 times a day for 15 min works

Thanks Guys...Up until last week I had used city water, I bought a RO system a week ago and now only use that water. I have 2 1000w MH lights about 4' above the tallest plant and 1 oscillating fan on low in there. The lights are air cooled from outside.
My temp is 80 degrees F constant and 45% humidity. My ph is checked daily and usually every other day I have to add 3-4 drops of Ph down. Reservoir Ph stays between 5.1 and 5.8. The new leaves that are coming in green have started to show signs of small brown circles toward the point of the leaves.

Also, Chemelion, what do you mean by lights on?? My lights stay on 24/7 in veg and I will turn them to 12/12 at flower...The Fox Farm Chart does say 18 hrs light during Veg but my clone supplier runs his lights in the veg room 24/7 but he does grow in soil? Does this make a difference? Is this what I am doing wrong?

Oceanstate420, for clones the Ph should be around 6.1 in an E-Z Cloner or similar product, and for fully rooted plants in Hyrdoton it should float between 5.7-6.0 IMHO.
I have found that when PH falls below 5.5, or over 6.4 in hydro terrible things can happen with other mistakes compounding the problem. Get the Ph up higher to a steady 5.8 cut the nutrients to at least half strength and buy a TDS meter like The Dip Stick or Truncheon as they never need calibration. Good Luck!!

city water is toxic

I wouldn't say that without proof. Some municipalities, sure, the water is horrible. Some are perfectly fine.

Up until last week I had used city water, I bought a RO system a week ago and now only use that water.

That's fine, but you must add cal/mag to mimic good tap water before adding nutes.

I'd want to know the TDS of my tap water before investing in an RO system. For example, my tap water comes out at 120 ppm and most of that is cal/mag. I confirmed that with the city's online water report and by calling the water treatment plant and asking some basic questions. My tap water is a very good starting point for nutes.

For RO, you want to bump the ppm up to 130-150 with cal/mag.

The Fox Farm Chart does say 18 hrs light during Veg but my clone supplier runs his lights in the veg room 24/7 but he does grow in soil? Does this make a difference?

Really makes no difference and soil has nothing to do with it. I produce a massive number of clones and have tried both 18/6 and 24/0 and did not see a difference in how long roots take to pop.

In veg, you might want to drop to 18/6. It has been said that daytime is for the leaves, night time is for the roots. I think it's a waste of electricity to veg 24/0.

I agree with other comments to watch that ph and cut down on the nutes. A TDS meter is your best friend. I recommend getting one asap.

:peace:

lights don't differ from hydro to soil its preff, but led, phs, cfl, and mh matter cfl can stay on 24 only any thing els on that long can harm ur plant and makes them at more risk to a black out or power out because it never went dark it could sex add or die depending, also they benefit more when u spray just before lights out so they can cool ( no lights -no fan) if in hydro because they need all the oxygen from the bubbles and absorb all the nuts that u spray daily, don't let evap, nuts spray only 2x a weak reg-ro water all others plant should get 8 hours of dark (only at start) don't do now. stay between 5.0 and 6.0 mandatory for hydro don't play with ull kill

said that daytime is for the leaves, night time is for the roots. I think it's a waste of electricity to veg 24/0.

very true.

I wouldn't say that without proof. Some municipalities, sure, the water is horrible. Some are perfectly fine.

you're an idiot look up whats really in city water and ull find in (all city's) the water carry's 5 of 13 of the most piousness chems to plants and people including leathel injection when you drink a lot of tap water it makes u sick and don't tell me you cant taste the mettle in it.
reed whats in you're chems before you use them. ro systems in home can be installed very wrong your ppm is important but so is testing what comes through the filter

soil growers get better quality by 10% and save a lot more water and chems, they root better and they don't need to be cared fore as often ( indoor )clean soil shuld be bug free and kept indoor only where is it when you buy it answers the Q.

PH you're water and grow, Spray daily before lights out.

hydro growers get better quantity by 15-20% depending on length of time, use 10x more water,power and cems flower faster and can be done more often, need to be kept after more.

check PH and ppm daily, Spray daily before lights out.

Back
Top Bottom