Possible deficiency?

PlastekShark

Hey all!

Current plant is northern lights auto in coco. Feeding 8ml CalMag, 4ml GH Micro and 7ml GH Flora bloom. pH of 5.9 PPM 800-820

This looks like a calcium deficiency but with the amount I'm putting in feed it seems odd. This happened on my last plant too, as soon as flower started.

20190924_165616.jpg

20190924_165609.jpg

20190924_165602.jpg

I think you are looking at the beginning stages of a phosphorus deficiency. Try adjusting your pH down a bit... at 5.9 you are at the very upper part of the range and you could be missing some things that are mobile at lower points on the scale. Try coming in at 5.5 a couple of times and see what happens. The light color also makes me think that your ppms are a bit low for this stage of growth.

seems like a lot of calmag. i feed 3ml / gal all the way through in coco.

I think you are looking at the beginning stages of a phosphorus deficiency. Try adjusting your pH down a bit... at 5.9 you are at the very upper part of the range and you could be missing some things that are mobile at lower points on the scale. Try coming in at 5.5 a couple of times and see what happens. The light color also makes me think that your ppms are a bit low for this stage of growth.

Thanks Emilya! I'll keep the pH lower and bump up the PPM a bit. On their next feeding (coming up shortly) and we'll see where that gets me!

seems like a lot of calmag. i feed 3ml / gal all the way through in coco.

I thought it to be a bit high as well. I may have just misread her, and need to adjust feed pH as Emilya suggested. After a few feeds, I can see how she likes it

After just ONE feeding at 5.52 pH (making sure to get plenty of runoff at the bottom) my plant is more, uplifted? If that makes sense. She has never been much of a praying plant, also had pretty flat hanging fans. Today though she is practically upright! Haven't seen this much livelihood in her before today. I'm hoping this stops the issues I've been having. I always ran at 5.8-5.9 because I've read many times that 5.9 is your target pH for coco. Thank you @Emilya for straighting me out :thanks:

I'll keep the rest of the updates posted in my grow journal. Which has been rather barren lately :laugh:

:Namaste:

After just ONE feeding at 5.52 pH (making sure to get plenty of runoff at the bottom) my plant is more, uplifted? If that makes sense. She has never been much of a praying plant, also had pretty flat hanging fans. Today though she is practically upright! Haven't seen this much livelihood in her before today. I'm hoping this stops the issues I've been having. I always ran at 5.8-5.9 because I've read many times that 5.9 is your target pH for coco. Thank you @Emilya for straighting me out :thanks:

I'll keep the rest of the updates posted in my grow journal. Which has been rather barren lately :laugh:

:Namaste:
just goes to show that you can't take all you read as gospel. There actually is no ONE target... Midscale at 5.8 works well for some people, but as you have found, only until it doesn't. Occasional excursions down into the lower reaches of the range are appropriate, and there are some people that run at different pH adjustments per phase of the grow.

Back
Top Bottom