Possible Heat Stress?

Hi.

I have two plants growing right now at different intervals and I wanted to gain a few opinions on whether this may be heat stress or if I am just the one stressing. This is my first grow, and have already gone through a lot of trial but mostly error, so very open to feedback.

Here's some info:

Small seedling is Amnesia Haze Autoflower, germ'd and planted September 3rd (~5 days old). Bigger one is Stardawg, not Autoflower, germ'd and planted on August 10th (~4 weeks old). I wasn't sure my Stardawg would make it, as it started looking real bad from the beginning, and losing leaves with stunted growth. The leaves on Amnesia Haze are larger (pics are a bit deceiving) yet almost a month younger, if that paints a picture. Pretty sure I overwatered and the soil sucked.

I changed the soil to Just Natural Organic potting mix and added perlite, adjusted watering, and pH tested to make sure those conditions were resolved, and the Stardawg bounced back and now is growing MUCH quicker. I started the Amnesia Haze in the new mix and thus it's growing great, in my opinion. But, today I noticed AH was starting to taco up. SD is not, it looks super happy. Yet they are both equal distance from the light (approx 12" from 300W LED light). The temperature hovers around 79-81, humidity at about 43, up to 50 when watered, and I have an oscillating fan providing air inside the tent. They are in a 24x24x48 tent with carbon filter and 5" IL exhaust fan. I have been running the light 24/0 since planting. I'm considering 18/6 to see if it'll cool down a bit.

What do you think?

Amnesia Haze Autoflower 5 days, concerned about leaf on right side.
full

Stardawg non-Auto, sitting inches away from AH, no concerns.
full

Hi.

I have two plants growing right now at different intervals and I wanted to gain a few opinions on whether this may be heat stress or if I am just the one stressing. This is my first grow, and have already gone through a lot of trial but mostly error, so very open to feedback.

Here's some info:

Small seedling is Amnesia Haze Autoflower, germ'd and planted September 3rd (~5 days old). Bigger one is Stardawg, not Autoflower, germ'd and planted on August 10th (~4 weeks old). I wasn't sure my Stardawg would make it, as it started looking real bad from the beginning, and losing leaves with stunted growth. The leaves on Amnesia Haze are larger (pics are a bit deceiving) yet almost a month younger, if that paints a picture. Pretty sure I overwatered and the soil sucked.

I changed the soil to Just Natural Organic potting mix and added perlite, adjusted watering, and pH tested to make sure those conditions were resolved, and the Stardawg bounced back and now is growing MUCH quicker. I started the Amnesia Haze in the new mix and thus it's growing great, in my opinion. But, today I noticed AH was starting to taco up. SD is not, it looks super happy. Yet they are both equal distance from the light (approx 12" from 300W LED light). The temperature hovers around 79-81, humidity at about 43, up to 50 when watered, and I have an oscillating fan providing air inside the tent. They are in a 24x24x48 tent with carbon filter and 5" IL exhaust fan. I have been running the light 24/0 since planting. I'm considering 18/6 to see if it'll cool down a bit.

What do you think?

Amnesia Haze Autoflower 5 days, concerned about leaf on right side.
full

Stardawg non-Auto, sitting inches away from AH, no concerns.
full
Tbh they look happy enough right now. Its most likely over loving your plants. You know there WAS an issue so now you're in survival mode. You've fixed the issue they've bounced back. I cant see any tacoing myself but if you are worried monitor it for another day if it gets worse raise the light a touch. You could switch to 18/6 in the hotter day hours but i like 24/0 cos it keeps my nodes tightly spaced

Thank you so much! You are correct, I am definitely in survival mode. I've been reading non-stop haha. Great then, I will give them more time and see what happens.
Ya welcome bud. I used to get like it all the time. Now im more like meh. Most of the time there's no immediate solution so even if something is wrong its best to just relax, stay calm, go through a little check list of things you think could be wrong and handle it. Usually the best solution is a simple one.

Ya welcome bud. I used to get like it all the time. Now im more like meh. Most of the time there's no immediate solution so even if something is wrong its best to just relax, stay calm, go through a little check list of things you think could be wrong and handle it. Usually the best solution is a simple one.

I was just reading through your Love Gang 2.0 thread and saw mine looks a lot like yours, and yours seem to be doing fine, so I feel much better. I'll definitely keep an eye on your activity, you seem to know what you're doing :)

I was just reading through your Love Gang 2.0 thread and saw mine looks a lot like yours, and yours seem to be doing fine, so I feel much better. I'll definitely keep an eye on your activity, you seem to know what you're doing :)
Ahhh thanks bro appreciate it. Im doing good at the minute but if it wasnt for this place id be nothing. I used to work for a guy before as a kind of apprentice when i was a kid. Basically gruntwork and shit though lol. Learnt a fair bit from him but this place is on another level and has helped my inquisitive mind find purpose. He was in it for the money so yield was above all and everything was his way or nothing but now i can do whatever the F i want lol

Back
Top Bottom