Possible Indica plant

Tricks

a buddy of mine has a possible Indica plant, the seed came from some Indica Hindu, or he's almost sure it did, there ended up being a couple seeds in the dish he dropped it in, but he was sure he picked the right seed to plant LOL It was a tiny, but nicely colored seed it looked perfect except it was so small, mind you we have never found a seed in any of the other strains we have got from this person, so I'm thinking it may be a case were the bud pollinated itself, I had read were if you let a plant flower long enough it will do this sometimes.

I'm really getting off my own topic here LOL what I wanted to know is: Can you tell a quality strain from a seedling? Here is why I ask, I noticed the second set of leaves that have just started to sprout look purple, they are tiny so I have to get a look under my microscope, but I know its not from the room being chilly at night, because it hasn't been. The other thing is, I noticed what looked like milky droplets on the leaves, you can only see this through the microscope...any ideas?

There may be some that can tell ... not me! The first pointed leaves when they get about a 1/2 inch long will usually show as indica or sativa (indica will be fat, sativa long and sharp point with a longer taper) beyond that I would get some pictures and post them to see if some of the master growers here can tell...

Good luck with the plant

Thanks Buckshot, I wish I could find what I did with that camera, or a charger for the other 2 LOL I figured out the milky looking droplets are most likely trich, all his youngins look healthy...ones top leaves kinda looks like a Tie Dyed tee shirt, green and yellow, but I think that was from being to close to the light, or from under feeding, the light was adjusted, and if it keeps up, I'll tell him to increase the nutes...they were still getting feed like seedlings, and they are now on their 3rd set of leaves and are showing growth (branching) at the nodes..about time to pinch and bump up the nutes huh?

Tricks

Since you don't know the plant I have a hard time suggesting that you pinch. Some strains don't like to be pinched and if it is the plant you think it is there is no need to pinch it will grow small and squat all by itself ... but I do suggest putting the juice to her though!! :-D

I saw them last night, the baby thats supposed to be Indica Kush was almost lost, she needs to be transplanted from the seed plug it sprout in. She had wilted up really bad, another couple of hours and it would have been to late. I find it amazing how resilient plants in general are, I have had the same thing happen to my flower and veggie garden, I have got to find this camera!!!! :peace:

Oh I forgot, I know that Indica plants are short to start with, but pinching isn't just to keep the plant short, its to create more flowers, now I'm not talking about topping, some do it, so don't, and like you said some strains don't like being messed with. Either way its not time for her yet, others are ready and I want to post another question about that...thanks everyone :peace:

Back
Top Bottom