powdery mildew

drdanks

ive been using diluted liquid copper, applying every week for 3 weeks. what is the best remedy for this little issue. also is it true mites will only attack the leaves not the buds?:bongrip:

no they will attack the buds too, neem oil based products work the best, or a homemade oil/soap mix.

ive been using diluted liquid copper, applying every week for 3 weeks. what is the best remedy for this little issue. also is it true mites will only attack the leaves not the buds?:bongrip:

I use a sulfur smoker for about 2 hours a day...has always worked. :smokin:

from what i have seen and read, the mites feed on the veins in leafs (raw sap, not thc or trichomes), so the buds themselves may not be attacked but all the leaf in between each bud is still food to them. kneem oil is my pick, also tobacco water, raise humidity to 100% for 3 days and they will die because they cant respirate waste water.

for the mold burn sulfur or lower humidity, increase air circulation over the buds

The powdery mildew is occurring because of the temperature not humidity. Specifically, when the change in temperature between day and night is drastic. Is your AC blasting in the 60s at nighttime??? That would be my guess because that is usually what causes PM.

Ur no going to het rid of the Powdery Mildew. U can only suppress it once there has been an outbreak. In fact it has been said that once u see the white PM (powdery mildew) growing on foliage, it has been in the plants' system for a couple weeks. I don't care what people say u can't cure it. Its like herpes, U can live with it. Its just a pain in the ass. There are effective ways to combat it to minimize its damage. Controlling temp and humidity, burning sulfur (I don't recommend this for home grows), fungistats (such as neem based products, Serenade, or copper sprays), etc. Be mindful that it isn't wise to spray in flower. I recently had an in depth bout with the PM in my journal. If u'd like to to take a look and see how u can fight it and what it does to cannabis click the "Follow My Grow (completed)" link in my signature. Hope this helps. :peace:

:roorrip:well thanks for the info, neem sounds like a plan, and the copper is making the mildew subside...i have read canabis does well with a 10+/- between the day night cycles..true/false? fungus knats have shown up now---sand on top of the soil? neem? what do ya think?:bong:

ive read a 10 degree difference is good for them.. it sounds like a big swing in day and night temps is the prob

i will post some pics or you can go look at my profile and check out what i started at then what i progressed to.

2009_066.jpg

about 10 days into flowering.

three in the top right are jamacian strains from seeds flown over from jamaca, back left is snow white (white widow+frost), middle is cottoncandy, bottom three are some bullshit, dont know anything about em.

Go get yourself some Serenade. It can be sprayed pretty close to harvest. I was using apple cider vinegar and water which just wasn't cutting it. Sprayed serenade two times and it suppressed it well enough to get it through the rest of the way. I highly recommend this.

Go get yourself some Serenade. It can be sprayed pretty close to harvest. I was using apple cider vinegar and water which just wasn't cutting it. Sprayed serenade two times and it suppressed it well enough to get it through the rest of the way. I highly recommend this.
I would not spray any of your buds with ANYTHING PERIOD.
If you want more info about powdery mildew there are several college studies. Here is one of them by a UC Davis professor.
APSnet Feature - Control of Powdery Mildew Using the UC Davis Powdery Mildew Risk Index
American Begonia Society - Powdery Mildew in Begonia
https://www.begonias.org/Articles/Vol72/PowderyMildew.htm said:
Infection by mildew is highly dependent on temperature. Most powdery mildews have an optimum temperature of 21°C (Celio & Hausbeck, 1998). The germination of spores is less efficient at higher temperatures. Also the growth of hyphal threads will be curbed at higher temperatures.
https://www.begonias.org/Articles/Vol72/PowderyMildew.htm said:
The fungal spores contain 70% liquid, so they do not need water from the outside to germinate. (Agrios, 1997). So infection is possible at low humidity, in contrast with other fungi like botrytis and rust, these need high humidity for germination and infection.
Again PM exists in LOW HUMIDITY environments.

ah ha! (light bulb) i have the flowering girls in a sun hut, i unzip it during part of the day, i had to do this during the summer because i am using a 1k hps and the tent is designed around a 600wt. now i keep it zipped and it has a temp range 66-73. so i ned a heater...hmph....thanks for the info canabinoid and greenlife!

Serenade

I agree. I used this product on my last run. I thought it would get rid of the PM, it really just suppresses the outbreaks. It wasn't what I had in mind but it got me thru til harvest. I coulda lost a half lb. It works. I also did a product review of it here>Is Anyone Familiar with Serenade garden Disease Control concentrate? +reps greenlife

Back
Top Bottom