Problem with HPS lights

greengatorade

Hi,

I have purchased a 400W HPS system (ballast, hood and bulb). I have hooked up everything, but nothing is happening. I know that it can take a while to reach full luminosity, but here, I am talking about 30 minutes and nothing - absolutely nothing...

I guess that there is a problem with the material, but before I go back to the grow shop, is there something I should look at that could save me from looking like a dumbass?

Thanks,
Green Gatorade

couldnt tell ya without seeing what your doing, call up the shop and ask em about it

Make sure the bulb is screwed in all the way. test the outlet plug to make sure you have power.

Well, I have set the ballast's switch on 120V (I am in the US), hooked it to the power outlet, hooked the lamp cord to the ballast and screwed the bulb... I don't see what I could have done wrong...

The ballast remains cold and does not make any noise - is it normal?

I had that same problem when i bought a new 400watt ballast and light. turns out the ballast never worked. Went back to the shop and he switched it with one that worked. kinda sucked cause the shops was 30 mins away.

Had the same problem with 2 400w switchables from hydrofarm. Might be a common problem. I just had mine eschanged since it has a 6 year warranty.

Hi, I bought a brand new 400 hps kit and 3 weeks later came home and it was out!!! Tried plugging it in many times that night but nothing so I brought it to the hydro shop and guess what it worked!? The guy told me to press the silver contector inside the unit ( where the blub goes in , socket) where it screws in. So I pushed it in really hard and wala it worked....give it a try.:smokin: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom