Pure coco and nutrient lineup questions

Sir Digby

I'm switching from Coco Loco to a pure coco/perlite blend for my my next grow. I'm thinking something along the lines of Tupur or Canna coco.

I'm also going to switch to one of the Advanced Nutrient lines that are ph perfect, but I have a couple of questions for you fine folks.

First, anyone have a recommendation on the regular grow/micro/bloom vs the sensi line by AN? They both are ph perfect but I'm not sure if the regular line buffers to a ph for soil or if it works for hydro as well.

Second, at what age and strength do you start feeding your seelings? Coco Loco is an amended medium and only requires water for the first couple of weeks, so I need to come up with a new plan for these AN nutes.

Thanks folks!

After one week above ground. I shoot for 150-200ppm of nutes max until they are 2 weeks and then up it to 500ppm (both A&B) for the rest of the grow. My base starts at 120ppm and I add enough calmag to take it up to 200ppm. My total is around 700ppm. I never feed at full strength.

Thanks for the info! I think i probably will try to stay around 1/2 strength, you're not the first person I've heard say that.

1 other question, off topic but I gotta ask... Quadsquad. I've seen that around. Are you guys all about doing the whole quad trim/train thing?

Yes there are a group of us dedicating grows to the technique of quad lining.

The nute levels you can experiment with. Just watch them and they will let you know if you get too high. Coco is a lot of fun to grow in. The speed and yield are very good. The only downside is water sometimes 2x (or more if your pots are small) a day in flower.

Yes there are a group of us dedicating grows to the technique of quad lining.

The nute levels you can experiment with. Just watch them and they will let you know if you get too high. Coco is a lot of fun to grow in. The speed and yield are very good. The only downside is water sometimes 2x (or more if your pots are small) a day in flower.

Alright Sam, another question for you. Does adding calmag along with sensi grow mess with the buffering of ph perfect? Is that going to make it more acidic? I just started giving the week old seedlings a light feeding today and didn't actually use any Calmag

No the calmag doesn't mess with the buffering enough to make a difference. I add it 1ml per gallon in veg and sometimes up it to 1.5 to 2ml per gallon in flower if they start to show any deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom