Question about Cal-Mag and Cal Defs

PhishyPhil

so im working with a bagseed that came from some amazing fruity purple stuff.

FFOF soil, full EJ line of nutes, about 3.5 weeks into veg.

the girl looks healthy except for a few small rust spots with thin brown outlines that im pretty positive is a cal def. normally i can fix the cal def with nursery water (bcuz it includes calcium), but this time i can't.

everything ive read tells me that Cal-Mag can fix the problem, the only thing i'm not to sure of is whether or not Cal-Mag is hydro only or if it can be applied to soil mediums?

also if any one has any other advice please don't hesitate to post, thanks a bunch,

phil

Powdered dolomite lime will not only take care of the Cal/Mag issue, but will also keep your soil pH in the sweet spot of 6.5-6.8.

I just bought a bag this AM at Lowes, because it was marked down to $3.40/40#. End of season thing and good price.

DD

I agree with Droopy Dog.

FFOF is excellent soild but after a while some of the organics break down and lean towards the acidic side. Add some powdered dolomite lime to the top of the soil. You can also mix some in a water solution and water your babies when they are ready. When you transplant just make sure to add lime to your new FFOF. This will stop the same problem from happening during the middle to late stage of flowering.

The lime will help stabilize the soil and keep it in the PH range your plants love. It helps fight against the organic breakdown that causes soil to go to acidic.

:goodluck:

thanks guys, always appreciate the help. i ended up with CaMg+ by general organics becuz a buddy had it available and my ladies needed to eat ;)

as far as the dolomite lime goes, it sounds perfect for the issues that develop after about 5 weeks in FFOF with the PH flux.

so im wondering, would my fun supply store carry that, they carry grow tents and hydro setups, so i know they carry lots of useful things for our hobby. and if so, would it normally be with the soils and such?

thanks again always,
Phil

Unless you get really lucky it will be in a 40 pound bag. Basically a lifetime supply lol.. If your really lucky they will have it in smaller sizes. Sadly just about every hardware store or hydro store only has it in massive bags. So plan on just getting a boat ton. It's really cheap though so it's no biggy other then the bag being really huge. At least you wont ever have to worry about buying anymore hehe. :thumb:

Just make sure to get the pulverized, powdered ph stabilized type. Ohh and it should be right near the soil usually.

Back
Top Bottom