Question about Ebb and Gro Res Size

I have 3 - 5 gallon dwc buckets in my jardin dr100L tent. I am very pleased with my results.

However I am getting tired of monitoring 3 res's/buckets every day.

I am planning on building my own small Ebb and Gro system for my next grow.

How big of res would you get if you wanted a system you could walk away from for a week at a time?

Re: Question about Ebb and Gro Res Size.

.... if you wanted a system you could walk away from for a week at a time?

Any system using lights, pumps, timers, or other electrical components needs to be monitored daily.

The only way I would feel comfortable leaving my plants unattended for any length of time would be if they were planted in the ground in a remote, secure, and environmentally supportive location.

With 3 gallons of water per bucket. That would be 12 gallons total. So I was thinking between 20 to 25.

This is a question for the Ebb and Gro system with the CAP controller.

And no. I will not be leaving plants alone for a week. But as an emergency. I could have a res large enough that the plants could be left alone for that long.

I'm sorry... 3 gallons per bucket is 9 gallons total. I was going to go with a 4 bucket system but I really only have room for a 3 bucket system.

30-37 gal resovoir wil give toy headroom to grow

I was going to make one out of a Rubbermaid container..Is this something you would recommend?

I was going to make one out of a Rubbermaid container..Is this something you would recommend?

Rubbermaid is the dope grower's friend.

They should be awarded the Green Star.

More good weed has been grown in Rubbermaid than anything else, except for maybe the surface of the Earth.

Thank Guys!! Rubbermaid it is!!

It is going to be sweet only having to manage one res instead of one per plant!!

Also, I will be able to leave for over a week at a time without worry! Outstanding!!!

I am stoked!!! :thanks:

I happen to be growing with an ebb and gro 12 site. Each bucket is 2 gallons. I only use 6 buckets at a time. The controller bucket holds 2 gallons. So you figure 7x2=14gallons + 2 extra gallons for plant consumption and evaporation. That is just an example of how you would figure it out. I would definitely suggest 2 gallon containers. They are great and they make some STG inserts especially for them.

What are the exact measurements of your grow space??? I can give you some really good advice on hydroponics if you want it. Let me know. I got pics and video tours of my grow room setup. I am very humble and still willing to learn even though I am a JEDI master....LOL.

What are the exact measurements of your grow space??? I can give you some really good advice on hydroponics if you want it. Let me know. I got pics and video tours of my grow room setup. I am very humble and still willing to learn even though I am a JEDI master....LOL.

I would love to see you video tour of your set up!

I have a 3.5 x 3.5 tent. I am presently using 3 - 5 gallon buckets. In each bucket I have 2 air stones. The plants love the setup. It is just a hassle managing each separate bucket every day. However, I have some awesome plants growing now. I am going to start harvesting in about 2 to 3 weeks.

That is why I am upgrading to the ebb and gro. I have read a lot of Pit Vipers threads and I know he uses this set up also.

I have a grow journal. you can click on my link in my signature. I have some really awesome buds and they are looking good!:hookah:

Here is what my set-up looks like. The plants are about 3 times that size now but that's how my set-up still looks. Let me know what you think about this. We can maybe exchange some grow tips.

I will have a more up to date video of the growth of my babies....LOL. In the 3-4 days it's been since the last video, they have grown quite a bit. They went from having one 5 leaf set to having two 7 leaf sets. I topped one of them on accident but I guess it worked out for the better. I'll have one plant with four tops instead of just one top. I plan on topping it one more time on each of these two tops it grows. Keep an eye out for that video in a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom