Question about flowering time outdoors

koleff96

hey guys,
Im pretty new to growing so I wanna ask sth. I think I'll pick some Bomb Widow seeds. I'll grow them in late spring (March-April), they will grow in size till 22 June (summer solstice), and after that the flowering would begin. The thing is, I won't have access to the plants in July and August. Can they take care of themselves alone during this time (the flowering)? The watering won't be a problem (I think I'll use drip irrigation). What should I do with the fertilizing and the pest protection? What would they need ? What may happen? Im gonna return in September to finish the grow and wait for the harvest. The harvest time should be in September or October (according to the description of the seeds). Btw my loaction is Bulgaria (south-eastern Europe) :D Thanks in advance!

If you hook them up with automatic drip, they'll be fine. With fertilization it depends on your type of soil, but believe me when I tell you that if your soil's good you can get by without it. Also if your plants arrive at High Brix level, you won't have to do much in terms of spraying. But you still can get bud worms in September/October, and these I would be mainly worried about.

That's a longggg time to leave plants. They probably won't really flower until early-mid August.
If you have well-amended soil with slow release nute's, that part could be OK - not optimum, but OK.
Make sure your drip system is thoroughly tested and proven. They have a way of clogging or missing spots.
Pests could become a problem as well. I seem to run into the worst pest problem a little later in mid-bloom - like in September when outside.

Compost is the solution.

Look on the web for Subcools Supersoil. That the most famous cannabis compost recipe that you will put at the bottom of the hole. Dig a big hole that is 3/4 of a meter deep. fill the bottom 1/3 with compost. then file the rest with what you pulled out of the ground. As long as you get water to it you should be fine.

:goodluck:

Thanks for ur replies guys! Btw, how can I heat up the plants? I need to bring up the temp with approx. 10 C cuz it's about 10 C in April (when I germinate the seeds). I thought about making sth like small greenhouses - a tent from nylon around every plant. The sunlight would pass through the nylon without problems, I guess. Or I should use another material?

Cannabis will germinate at 0°C. Actually my mate just dropped few of my own seeds in December and voilà, they popped in the ground, and one has already turned into a nice plant... outside :thumb:

No, it's a general trait of cannabis, which is immune to low temps.

Back
Top Bottom