Question about vaporizer smell/concealment?

Rin101

I was hoping to find the answer to my question with a quick search, but couldn't..I have been considering buying a handheld vaporizer (VaporGenie!), but I am trying to figure out how easy it is to hide their smell. I've seen many posts saying that the vapor smell goes away in a few minutes, but I'm wondering about the vaporizer itself? Will it be easy to hide in a desk drawer without wreaking as much as a regular glass pipe would?

The reason I ask is because I'd like to buy one of these and keep it in my room, but I've never been able to own a pipe (I always smoke joints) because I wouldn't be able to hide the smell.

Edit: Also, has anyone tried using Beeline or Hempwick to vaporize with the VaporGenie? Does it work?

VaporGenie (VG) "pipes" smell less than the pipes I've encountered in my past. There is still a bit of a smell when you have the ceramic cap part off, but once you empty it out and put the cap back on, it definitely smells much less than a regular pipe with pipe cap.

Mind you, if you regularly overheat or burn your herb in the VG, it will smell more strongly. But in my opinion, once you learn how to vape with a VG without burning, a VG used with a sploof is a very covert way to vape some herb.

Cool, thanks for the responses, I'm looking forward to learning to use it :D

And I would, of course, get the hang of it outside somewhere and clean it well before trying to vape in the house and risk smoking it!

The first tip I give friends who are using the VG for the first time is to put the tip of their tongue just in front of the tip of the VG mouthpiece. Once they feel the airflow become noticeably warm (not hot), take the lighter away and finish up the drag.

Another helpful hint when learning to hit the VG properly is to open the bowl and inspect the herb after each hit. You'll be able to see the herb change colors after each hit. If it turns light brown, then progressively darker until about chocolate brown, you're hitting it right. If it goes black and/or gets ashy, you're smoking the herb and not vaporizing it.

Final tip, after you've vaped the herb to a nice chocolate brown, tap the toasted herb into your mouth and wash it down to get the last herbal goodness out of it. :)

to keep the smell away from a vaporizer, back when i had one, i used to pop popcorn to where you can count to 5 between each pop. Its still edible and the smell will over power any vape, and a great munchie food at the desk

What do you mean by counting 5 between each pop? Does that mean using a lower temperature setting on the microwave so it just takes longer?

Final tip, after you've vaped the herb to a nice chocolate brown, tap the toasted herb into your mouth and wash it down to get the last herbal goodness out of it. :)

to each their own... i almost puked when i read that haha i save it for cookies :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm wondering about the vaporizer itself? Will it be easy to hide in a desk drawer without wreaking as much as a regular glass pipe would?

i just smelled mine... nothing... haha :grinjoint:

thats cool you got one... be sure to update on how u like it

are these vaporgenies worth the price? Does it compare to a digital vape? Does it give the same clean high the digital ones have? Ive always been interested in these but just thought it would be a scam and just work like a normal pipe.

I got it Monday! But I won't have a chance to try it out for awhile :( I'm going to have to get some money first, but I'll try to get you guys an update on how awesome it is next week :)

to each their own... i almost puked when i read that haha i save it for cookies :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hightide, (my fav fishing time). Thats what I am trying to find out. When you make cookies do you add anything besides the vaped leftovers to make butter or cookies?
And dont laugh but it does taste like popcorn (the vaped ashes). At least bigbud does out of my herbalaire. Not that I eat much jof it. Just wondered when I heard it tasted like popcorn.

are these vaporgenies worth the price? Does it compare to a digital vape? Does it give the same clean high the digital ones have? Ive always been interested in these but just thought it would be a scam and just work like a normal pipe.
These are alright smalll hit pocket vapes but they don't come close to comparing to a big quality whip vape or bag vape. As for the high..a vaporizer high is a vaporizer high. The genie will just take you 3 times longer to get there over a good whip vape.

Hey guys I just got to try it out last night with a friend, and it was great! :D Even though it took us awhile to get used to it, it got me sooo high, especially since I hadn't smoked in almost two months! The best part is, the only downside to figuring out how to make it work is that you might burn your fingers a few times :p The THC isn't wasted when you don't take a good hit, so even after a bunch of practice attempts a couple good hits got the job done

Yeah, this thing is amazing. I haven't figured out how to light it with hempwick or beeline yet, but even using a butane lighter, this thing is awesome. Definitely recommended for anyone looking for a stealth smoke :)

For more information and reviews of the vapor genie and many others, make sure to stop by here -
420 Product Reviews - 420 Magazine

Please post a review, your opinion will be helpful to many members when making a decision on a vaporizor.

Peace and good vaping :rollit:

I have used my VaporGenie for 4 months now. I am please with the unit. My roommate can't smell it when I hit it in my room or in the living room. It take about 3 to 4 hits on it before I feel the effects, but it does get me there. I use a lot less herbs compared to a blunt or joint. After my VaporGenie, my bong is my favor unit.

I tried a glass pipe, but I don't like the taste or rush of smoke. The blunts are nice, but I fear my lips getting dark since I am serect user of the stuff. I make consider ordering a digital vaporizer from ebay to experiment. They sell for under $70.

My cheap, digital wand vape produces a clean, almost flavorless vapor. I get a lot more vapor out of a bowl on the wand vape, but at the expense of flavor.

I love the VG because of the flavor...it is still much lighter than smoking, but it has more flavor than my wand vape. When I want to get really stoned...I use the wand vape. However, if I'm just taking a quick hit, my VG has replaced using a one-hitter for those moments away from homebase. I've gotten plenty baked with the VG as well, but it takes a little more work to get to the same place, as the VG bowl does not hit well when packed tight and/or overfilled; you'll have to refill it 2-3 times to vape your way to immaculate stoney-ness.

Back
Top Bottom