Questions Before the First Grow

MikeyMike

420 Member
Hello, I'm getting ready to start my very first grow when my fan & filter arrive tomorrow. I do have a few questions for anyone who may want to help me out. I'll be growing one Auto Fem Critical Purple and one Auto Fem Tangerine Dream from Growers Choice Seeds. I bought 5 of each, thought I'd start easy on the first grow for my learning curve and in case a catastrophe happens.

In a DWC two 5 gallon bucket setup, does the size of the net cup(3"vs 6") make a difference in the potential size of the plant, being the roots are in the 5 gallon bucket? I have both sizes of net cup lids.

Is there an advantage of Coco croutons over clay pebbles as the medium for DWC?

I have a 3'x3'x6' tent, will be using two 1200 watt King LEDs they have a veg switch and bloom switch, should I have both switches on so the light is "burple"? What should I be concerned about besides burning the plants running two lamps in a smaller tent keeping the lights on 24 for the entire grow?

How many plants do yall suggest for a 3x3x6 tent?

I'll be using GH trio for my nutes. Also, once the seeds pop, I'll be using rapid rooter plugs. I have a RO system in the house I checked PPM yesterday to learn the meter and it's at 41 ppm out of the kitchen faucet. I haven't checked PH yet.

Here's my setup:
3'x3'x6' tent, two 5 gallon DWC buckets, two 1200 watt King LEDs, 4" fan and carbon filter, humidifier, two 6" clip on fans, GH Flora Trio Nutes. I plan on starting a journal on here to document and get feedback from this great community.

Congrats and good luck

I'm camping, but I'll chime in short now, bigger later

I use GH Flora Trio, love it
I use 5gal dwc buckets, very good, look at 3.5 gal down the road just for space and early kiddos

I use hydrotron, it's just better

I started in 6" net, sucks up a lot of water space early on
I now use nothing but 3" net pots, works fantastic

Back later, grilling dead chicken...lol

Back
Top Bottom