quick question for growers with experience (first grower here)

shmichael

my plant has been in flower for about 5 days now, and i typically inspect my plants looking for any problems, yadda yadda yadda.

fyi: she has been topped and this problem has to do with where i first topped her.

so while i was inspecting it, i spread the top leaves apart so i can get a closer look at the inner workings and main stem (shes very bushy), as i spread the top leaves the main stem essentially split down the middle. nothing too bad, it probably split a little less than half an inch down. so what i did was, i took a safety pin around the stems of where the two tops split to kind of "bandage" the plant and keep the wound closed.

MY QUESTION IS: would this safety pin thing do the trick while i keep it in flower, or would it be a better idea to put her back into veg until she does heal? im not sure but i believe i am spotting preflower pistils, but i also think it is too early to notice pistils so maybe im seeing what my brain wants me to?

also, i am not attaching a picture because i dont want to add stress to the plant and separate the stem even more just for a picture.

Thanks in advance guys, any help appreciated:cheer:

I've done it a few times. Just keep going with flower. As long as you closed it up good, the plant won't even notice it happened. Don't stress yourself, they're very resilient plants

:I would take the safety pin out. Use something soft like a pipe cleaner or tape or whatever is at hand and tie it closed. I've used super glue which worked but a soft tie is easier. It would heal on it's own but is prone to splitting more from general manhandling. Check the tie down the road and take it off or loosen it. It won't hurt the plant at all. Leave it in flower. No problem:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom