Quick seed question

AmGrowR

From what I've gathered so far on this site it seems the male plants produce the pollen sacs and females produce the buds(flowers) and it takes the male to pollinate the female to produce the seeds. So how is it that once in a while the females seem to produce seeds all by themselves? I've been buying 20 dollar .8g's of some lethal shit off my buddy for the past couple months and I found a seed in one the other day:) Definitely keeping that for my next grow!

When U have a female that produces seed alone it can be a result of a few things:
1)Rogue Pollen. A male may be down wind in full bloom or some who entered the grow room could have knowingly/unknowingly been exposed to male pollen. Think of pollen as spermatozoa and pistils (the white/red/orange/etc colored hairs that form on buds and preflowers) as ovaries or where ever the sperm and egg meet (pardon my anatomical ignorance but I just know how to introduce em after that its all Chinese to me )
2)Hermaphrodite. The plant that starts out female either goes thru a stressful stint (causing her o develop male parts, which in tur produce pollen) or the grower/breeder "flipped" her on purpose. Not sure on the ends and outs of this. I've read a few conflicting explanations so I'll let some1 who know better than I to sum that one up. I did it to a few plant with heat stress;A summer grow with no AC an moderate ventilation coupled with a sensitive strain. I am aware that there are a few chemicals like giberlic acid and colloidal silver that can be used to produce male flowers on a female plant for breeding purposes. I thought there was pne more, I got sidetracked and lost my train of thought. NE how hope this helps some. All I know it the herb is good,keep the seeds. Store seeds in something air tight, out of the light and in the fridge for long term storage. At least this is what I was taught.Good Luck man.

Back
Top Bottom