Raisingcain's First Grow With Pics

Thanks man I appreciate it can't wait to load some of this in my new bubbler!! It was kinda bittersweet cutting her down. Any guess on final dry weight?
2.5 oz's? Maybe 3. I can't get a sense of size, too early in the am.

Whats up 420!!
Its Monday September 15th.
Plant 1 has been fully harvested and Im patiently waiting for my buds to dry out. Not rushing the process wanna make sure its done right. Theyre in my garage which is completely dark in a drying rack with a fan ( not pointed directly on them) to keep air circulating. VERY strong smell I might add. When I trimmed these buds I left alot of sugar leaves on them just to see what happens. On the next plant I chop I will hang dry and give them the full trim before being hung. Just trying different stuff out.

Plant 2 is still outside developing its buds. Looking great too I think.

Mini bush is doing the same and has really picked things up as far as bud development is concerned. Im really surprised about how much she is producing. FUCKNA :)

I plan on waiting as long as possible to cut these ladies down. Really gonna try to wait until I see more amber in the trichs hoping they are a little denser than plant 1. All experimentation at this point so we will seeeeee..

Been doing some minor construction in my back yard preparing for next years outdoor grow. I cant wait for spring already lol. If things go as planned its gonna be an amazing grow. I hope.

Heres some pics have a good week!!

Plant 2

20140915_164601.jpg

Her top

20140915_164626.jpg

Close ups

20140915_164611.jpg
20140915_164737.jpg

Mini bush

20140915_164755.jpg

a couple of her tops

20140915_164803.jpg
20140915_164809.jpg

Evening!
So I smoked a bud off the drying rack before bed lastnight . wasn't completely dried but almost. Didn't taste very good but it floored me. Within 15 mins I was pretty stoned.

So i be read about drying and from what I've learned I need to wait until the stems literally snap when bent. Is this correct? The extra leaves I left on the buds are crispy and the buds are pretty dry, still sticky but dry. The stems pop a little when bent but don't completely snap. Should I wait to cure or go ahead and get er done?
Also I've read that shitty taste is prob due to the fact they haven't been cured yet and after they cure the smell and taste will be much better. And words of wisdom?

Get them in jars pretty quick. Open the jars for an hour or so everyday for a week. Cured nice about 2 weeks, but wait until 4 (a month).
Your drying process is over. Now time to cure.

Thank u sir!
so I did a final manicure, weighed em, put em in jars and hid them away. Total weight 91.2 grams or 3.25 oz. Im a happy guy. Also saved a big jar of trimmings for my friend that likes to bake stuff. Still have 2 plants to go!
Note to self: Trimming after drying SUCKS!! Never again. And drying racks arent that great either, it made my buds all smashed on one side like buckwheats hair after sleeping all night. OTAY! Lesson learned moving on.

Thank u sir!
so I did a final manicure, weighed em, put em in jars and hid them away. Total weight 91.2 grams or 3.25 oz. Im a happy guy. Also saved a big jar of trimmings for my friend that likes to bake stuff. Still have 2 plants to go!
Note to self: Trimming after drying SUCKS!! Never again. And drying racks arent that great either, it made my buds all smashed on one side like buckwheats hair after sleeping all night. OTAY! Lesson learned moving on.

I thought those racks were an awesome idea, but tried mine only once. Never again. I personally just hang mine for 1 to 3 days, then straight to jars.
I think the racks might help folks in humid areas though. Some ppl love them.
Oh...what did I win? Lol.

Congrats on the harvest!

Whats up 420!

Wanted to make a final entry to end this journal.

I am very pleased with the final results. Total yield 458 grams! The mini bush finished up nicely and actually ended up with the biggest/densest buds. Crazy right?

Been curing for quite some time now because after 2 weeks the buds stil smelt like hay and were very harsh to smoke.
BUT after a longer cure with a burp a day the buds smell much better and have a sweet piney taste with a very smooth draw.

Got 2 large bags of premium trim so weve been having lots of fun having Betty potty Crocker parties baking stuff. Made some canna bacon lol kinda weird but kinda good too!

All in all its been a blast.
I wanna thank all the patient and understanding folks for helping a rookie out with excellent advice and pointers. Couldn't have done it without ya! Been reading everything I can get my hands on about indoor growing and other various growing literature so I think Im prepared for round 2.

I just finished framing and insulating a 40 sq ft room in my garage to prepare for my winter grow. Gonna grow some Carmelo (delicious seeds) and some Bubba Kush and maybe a couple autos just for fun.

Thanks again everyone! Cheers!!

Congrats!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom