First Grow Ever - Indoor - Random Mix - Grow Journal - 2015

Darkeater

What strain is it? Random Mix (WW, Purps, Purple Widow, Kush, BC Skunk, Blueberry)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indicas I think
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 21 Days (Since they sprouted)
If in Flower stage... For how long? -
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Organic Soil
If soil... What size pot? 1-3 Gallons
Size of light? 1000W MH (Dimmed to 750)
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? ~90F
RH of Room/cab? -
PH of media or res? -
Any Pests ? -
How often are you watering? 2-3 Days
Type and strength of ferts used? MG 24-8-16: First 2 weeks, 1/4, 3rd week, 1/2 (Will feed 1/1 Now)

Hi everyone!

So this is my real first grow, 100% success from a mixed pack, Ms & Fs! Hopes everything goes well. Did not have cooling for light until few days ago so it was 2'+ away but now it is about 10'' away and I think they are loving it!

13050.jpg

6894.jpg
51001.jpg
41275.jpg
31646.jpg
21876.jpg

They look great bud, I can't wait to see them grow out more :). I don't normally give advice because I am still a beginner too but if your temps are 90f consistently than I would really look into trying to bring that down to 75-80 I only say anything about it because I recently had temps of 90-94f last week for like 4 days. Lucky it only lasted a few days. But I did start to notice a type of heat or humidity stress, the higher leaves started to "taco" and roll up I looked into it and it was said to be caused by heat and or humidity stress. I am not trying to scare or stress you out but just inform you that if heats stay that high it could have huge effect on yield or even possibly kill the plant. Also spider mites are more likely in high temps and low humidity. Good luck friend

I just took a look and temps are about 80 daytime since few days so I moved light up few inches to make sure it doesn't go higher but I do see what you are talking about, some top leaves are showing minor signs of high heat (only few highest ones so I'm not afraid yet).

Also, thanks alot for your input, I really appreciate it!

I Will keep updated with pics since they grow kind of fast on 750W MH.

They look amazing keep it up the o ly thing u should really rea
search about that a/c or heatwr thing u have they catch fire an those cords elevate them out ur room and clean a bit cleaniness is key in evwrygrow

And ur ballast wen u water or feed ur runoff can soak it plus they give iff heat always put ur ballast out of ir grow especially oof the floor an away from diract light same with cords can send u a pic of my room if u like

I just took a look and temps are about 80 daytime since few days so I moved light up few inches to make sure it doesn't go higher but I do see what you are talking about, some top leaves are showing minor signs of high heat (only few highest ones so I'm not afraid yet).

Also, thanks alot for your input, I really appreciate it!

I Will keep updated with pics since they grow kind of fast on 750W MH.
nice man keep up the good work, I'm sure they will come out great. Can't wait to see more :). How long are you going to veg for ?

Here are the babies, almost 5 weeks since sprouted, actual height varies between 6-12''.
Temps are stable around 80 daytime.
I plan on putting them in 5 gals in a few days.

When would you suggest to put into flower, considering I have 8' usable height? Would some suggest stretching or the inter-nodes distance looks OK? Advice on that is very welcome.

My ideal goal would be to veg them in 5 gals for about 1-2 week then flower.

21885.jpg
31654.jpg

with the research I have done and the amount of space I have I veg for 3 weeks or 12 inches in a 1 gallon pot switch to 3 gallon pots the day before I flip the switch. The plants will stretch allot during the first few weeks of flowering about 3x it's size, 1 foot will turn into 3 feet real fast. so always remember to have enough room for the bigger pot, the light and the distance the light needs to be from plant. I have 3x3x7 and I'm pretty sure four 3 footers are the biggest I can fit from the way these things are stretching. If you want some inner nodes to grow I would suggest topping or supper cropping, low stress training also helps. some strains like to branch naturally some you have to force them :) here is a pic of a plant I topped then super cropped
20150316_030440.jpg

this is what it turned into
20150318_032224.jpg

Back
Top Bottom