Cooper480

Hey 420 mag this is my first post which is pretty exciting because this means its the start of my first grow. I've been lingering around and learning along from the site and finally branching out to grow my own. I would appreciate any help!

What strain is it? Exodus Cheese, TNT Kush, Veneno
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Most Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling
If in Veg... For how long? 4 Days
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor Moved to outdoor when weather is better
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? FFOF, 1 GAL of Perolite per 42L bag, 3 cups DL per 42L
If soil... What size pot? one gallon to start moving to 3 and hopefully 5-10
Size of light? 4 Foot 4 Bulb T5, 2 6500k , 2 3500k
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab? keep house apartment at about 73
RH of Room/cab? dont know
PH of media or res? 6.5-7
Any Pests ? N/A
How often are you watering? when top 2 cm are dry
Type and strength of ferts used? Will be using AN Line Iguana Juice Grow, Voodoo Juice, B-52, Bud Candy, Connoisseur A&B Ph Perfect, Nirvana, Overdrive, Final Phase, considering Big Bud any thoughts?

Hey everyone! Finally have some pictures ready to be posted... These first few pictures are our grow room set-up. We are starting the plants indoors, but once the weather gets nicer we will be moving them outdoors. Right now they are under T5 HO for 18 hours a day (6am- 12am) and about 11 in from the light.
SAM_0637.JPG
SAM_0636.JPG

All 3 strains under lights
SAM_0638.JPG

Humidity/Temps

We are using 1 gallon smart pots with a mixture of FFOF and perilite. The nutrients are from the Advanced Nutrient line.
SAM_06481.JPG

Advanced Nutrients

Seedlings Day 5
SAM_0641.JPG

Exodus Cheese- Our strongest seedling :)
SAM_0639.JPG

Veneno
SAM_0644.JPG

TNT Kush- She looks slightly deformed... any thoughts?

We will be posting more in a couple days :)

hey Kannabiskid Thanks for the tip on moving down the T5. Just a little update we did water them last night with 1/4 Nutes of Voodoo and B-52. Woke up this morning the plants look even better! Can't wait to see more growth!

tomorrows the update and new PICS! i was thinking about a few things i might wanna try in my veg stage. One. FIM/Topping Two. LST, Three. SuperCropping. i want to produce 4 main colas with a low profile plant as the girls will be going outdoors. i was wondering when i would start to do some of these techniques? i know it will be a few weeks from now but advice early on helps :)

Alright! Here is a quick update, we are now on day 10 from seed! Since i last posted, I purchased AN Connoisseur A&B pH perfect for flowering stage, moved the plants closer tolights and purchased a humidifier to increase room humidity. I think we may have a stretching problem with Exodus Cheese, but the rest of the girls are doing fine :)

New Nutes- Advanced Nutrients
SAM_0024.JPG

Exodus Cheese- She has a long gangly stem and we're stabilizing her with paperclips. Any thoughts?
SAM_0027.JPG

Exodus again- Third set of leaves are beginning to form
SAM_00251.JPG

Veneno- Looking to be our strongest, healthiest girl :)
SAM_0026.JPG

SAM_0029.JPG

TNT Kush- Comin along nicely!
SAM_0032.JPG
SAM_0031.JPG

Also, we were thinking about moving the lighting schedule from 18/6 to 24/7 because I heard it promotes lower profile plants and a slightly larger yield. Does anyone know more about this?

Hey Kyle, a few things.

1) The reason you're having to stabilize that seedling with paperclips is because of stretch. Stretch is caused by the plant reaching for light because it's not getting enough. This can be fixed by getting the light lower. Like 2 - 3 inches from the plants. You need to keep in mind that with fluorescent lighting, the lumen (light energy, what the plants need) drops off very quickly from the light source the further you get away. You need to be careful though to not the let the plants touch the lights because they are very hot and will burn the plant.

2) Like KannabisKid (Hi Kannabis!) said, you don't want to over saturate the seedlings with nutrients. They are very susceptible to nutrient burn this early on.

3) Is your grow in a closet? What are you doing for light leaks? Do you have any ventilation set up?

Personally, I think that lighting a plant 24/7 is not in tune with the natural course of a plant's life cycle. In nature, the sun is up between 11 and 15 hours a day (depending on where you live) and you should set your lighting hours around that, for the most part. When I veg my plants, the lights are on 18 hours and off 6. Then I switch to 12 on, 12 off, when flowering. Some people believe that a plant does most of it's growing in the dark where it can use up the stored energy it's gathered throughout the day.

Either way works and it really just comes down to personal preference/beliefs. The thing is, this is your grow, so you do what you want with it! :)

All in all, a great start. Just keep with it and we'll all be here to help if you need it. :grinjoint:

Hey MacMota,

Great to see someone else chiming in! I had moved the plants about 3'' from the light after Kannabiskid commented on that. The girls are coming up on 2 weeks, when do you guys suggest adding 1/4 nutes? I've heard some people say 2 weeks and some say 3... is this just another personal preference on when to start and see how the girls react?

And yes, our grow is in the closet for now. We are moving them outside in about a month when it is nice out. We don't really have any light leaks and were using one small fan that blows over the plants and lights.

Thanks for the advice about lighting schedules. We will most likely keep them on a 18/6 for now, and experiment with a 24/7 light cycle with another grow this summer.

:peace:

The girls are coming up on 2 weeks, when do you guys suggest adding 1/4 nutes? I've heard some people say 2 weeks and some say 3... is this just another personal preference on when to start and see how the girls react?

It's a little of both. Adding nutrients too early in their life cycle can cause burning simply because they don't have the strength to handle it. Some people add nutrients at 2 weeks, some at 3, and some soil growers don't add nutrients at all during veg. You can experiment and see what works for you.

Personally, I don't add nutrients at all during vegetation. :grinjoint:

Hey everyone jumping on do to a quick update. I was glancing at the girls last night and this morning and it looks like there showing sex already! I took some pics can anyone help me out with this? Thanks :grinjoint:

SAM_0044.JPG

All girls are showing the same pistils but this one is more dominant at the moment
SAM_0042.JPG

I gotta watch this I got two of the same freebies as you. Have not started them yet. Still planning.
Looks like pretty little girls to me.

Sweet! These girls have been great plants so far with no problems, only NOOB error. They seem to like some nutrients early on, but we've just been giving them B vitamins(B-52) and beneficial root bacteria(voodoo). We will post new pics and update about every 4-5 days on a regular basis. Thanks for joining us :roorrip:

I agree! Everyone has been so helpful and we appreciate all the feedback as we to continue to learn and grow. :reading420magazine:

That's why we signed up here. There are other sites out there but nowhere is nearly as helpful as 420 Mag.

Back
Top Bottom