Raisingcain's First Grow With Pics

Yea Stealthgrow does this wash and swears by it. I am gonna try it on my harvest in a couple weeks!

Good Morning!
Woke up early for a Sunday at 7 am. I usually sleep in on Sundays but for some reason I woke up. Got some coffee and went outside to wake these ladies up and saw 5 grasshoppers having a Sunday morning buffet on my plants. These little bastards didnt pay admission so I went and got my flyswatter and went to work. Bashed 4 out of 5 of em and 1 hopped the fence. I always leave 1 survivor so he can tell his friends to keep their grasshoppin asses out of my garden.

Plants are doing GREAT!

Plant 2s bud factory is trucking right along buisness as usual and is gettin so tall she could play for the WNBA!! Its makes me just a little nervous because at over 7 and a half feet EVERYONE can see it. Legally Im not worried about it though its completely enclosed and gates are locked up so Im following the rules. Just have a few punk asses a street over but its all good. My Pitbull, Jersey, has been trained to attack strangers by licking their skin completely off. She wags her tail SO hard it can take your knee caps out so I got it covered I think.

Plant 1 is done growing in size but her buds are getting thicker everywhere and my back yard is starting to smell like a dispensary. Love it!

"bush" has made a full recovery and is showing off a bit. Shes gettin a little cocky stretching so much and hittin full flower mode. Makes me happy. I did something yesterday that I told myself I wasnt gonna do though. But hey its my first time growing and Im curious so.......A buddy of mine gave me some Beastie Bloomz from FF. Im pretty sure its synthetic stuff and I wasnt going to mix it up with the other organic goodies but I fed "the bush" some just to see what happens. The only thing Ive noticed so far is increased pistil formation on all the tops. Only gonna hit it once a week with that stuff though so we... will.. see....

Sorry for the rambling, morning highs always hit me the hardest, heres some pics.

Plant 1 and some close ups of her

2014-08-24_07_38_28.jpg
2014-08-24_07_39_42.jpg
2014-08-24_07_41_10.jpg

Plant 2

2014-08-24_07_41_41.jpg

Bush

2014-08-24_07_42_38.jpg
2014-08-24_07_42_22.jpg

And the lightning tounged avenger sworn to protect the crop at all costs!

2014-08-10_17_02_37.jpg

Happy Sunday everyone!

Top of the morning to ya! Happy Sunday!
So earlier in the week we had a pretty powerful rainstorm that jacked the Bush up a little bit. It pretty much slammed all of her branches in the ground. So I had to do some more trimming on her and threw some tomato cages around her to support her just in case it happens again. Not too concerned about her shes got a few nice looking tops that have gone into full bloom.

Plant #1 is the furthest in flowering. She has really long lanky branches toward the bottom of her. The weight of the buds has increased and during the storm we had, those bottom branches were nearly on the ground. SOOO I made a ghetto rigged support system by throwing some stakes in the ground around her and tying strings between the stakes every foot or so kinda like a ladder. Seems to be working fine, looks like shit but had to do it quick before the next storm rolled in.
This plant must be super resilient she has had zero pest issues, zero fert issues and just continues to fatten up as the days progress. Super frosty super stinky. Im very happy with her so far.

Plant 2 is freaky she keeps stretching! The top of her is about a foot and a half long. She is a week, week and half behind plant 1 in terms of flowering. Although plant 1 has been my favorite all along, I think plant 2 is going to yield alot more at harvest time.

Thats about all that has changed. Been crazy busy with work and other demanding things. Hope you all have a great week of growing!!

Plant 1 is going to have one HUGE main cola!!!

I am kind of shocked you haven't changed your profile pic yet! hahaha.

Good morning!
I have a question for you experienced folks out there.
Plant 1 is furthest in flower. About 10% of her pistils have changed color. But a lot of her trichomes are milky or foggy. I'm debating on starting her flush today.
My question is: because her pistils are still mainly white and fresh looking and her buds aren't as dense as I think they should be should I start the flush and harvest in a week or week and half or should I wait until she's gotten a little denser and have a higher percentage of brown/red pistils?

It looks like there is still quite a bit of growth to take place, I'd say it needs about 2 weeks to plump up.

If you are not using an accelerated flushing solution than you can start the flush and harvest in ~two weeks. Depending on the type of inorganic fertilizer, it can require a lot of flushing to remove the excess salts. In the meantime it looks like she will plump up nicely.

Don't wait to flush if you are not using a flushing solution. Only water with regular water for the next two weeks. When you harvest a plant, you want the plant to be completely yellow (ideally), it is the nitrogen fade that we seek....

You are Just the person I was hoping would reply!!
Thank you for always shooting me straight Lester!
I'm thankful for kind folks like yourself to help me out! +reps
I wish you were here to smell these ladies I'm blown away by how sweet the smell is and how sticky they are! Nothing is more gratifying then growing your own!
If your ever around northern Colorado hit me up I'd love to vaporize some of this with you!! Cheers

Whats up 420!!!
Hope everyone is doing well, Im in a great mood after watching my team whoop some colt ass last night (and watching Brady get a beatin too HA)
Plants are doing great, flowering right along.
Plant 1 got her first flush last Friday afternoon (3 days ago). Im going to continue to flush her for another 11 days before giving her the chop! Ive been running 3-4 gallons of water through her every other day, shes in a 10 gal container is this enough water??

Plant 2 is building her buds nicely Im continuing her normal feeding for about another week week and a half before giving her the flush.

The mini bush is also putting out some decent buds as well, they wont be quite as chunky as 1 and 2 but theyve all been an experiment so whatever I harvest is a plus. I assume this is probably because her growing medium isnt quite as rich and controlled since she is in the ground.

I bought 4 pairs of fiskar trimmers and one of those hanging dry racks. Anyone know the positives vs negatives of using these over just hanging the stems on a line?? Gonna try both ways regardless. Any advice on time of drying and curing techniques would be appreciated as well. Ive got a grasp on it but if anyone has a little secret theyd like to share please do so.

Heres some pics have a great week!!

Good morning!
So we are having some weird weather here in CO. Lastnight the temps got down to 32!!!!!
SO I brought my 2 potted ladies in the garage for the night so they wouldnt get damaged and guess what. Plant 1 had a very small amount of amber trichs on her sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I chopped her!! It was a blast! She had been flushed every day for about 8 days so I thought what the hell. I took her down branch by branch and trimmed all the fan leaves and trimmed all the smaller sugar leaves that werent frosted. I left alot of leaves on her that were frosted and plan on trimming those off after the buds have dried well after 5-7 days in the drying rack.

Plant 2 is no where near being cut down, her buds are about 2 weeks out I think cuz trichs are still very clear, pistils still mainly white and the buds are still soft, not dense enough.

Mini bush seemed to make it through the night didnt bring her in obviously becasue shes in the ground but I gave a blanket and a tedddy bear to keep her warm throught the night.

Very excited about the first plants harvest check the pics. Any guesses on what final dry weight will be ?? Guess away I have no idea! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom