Raisingcain's First Grow With Pics

Subbed. Can't believe I didn't catch this journal from start. I love the pics. Great job. I am assuming you carry them in every night. Got great bud site forming. I am also in my first grow. So seeing other people making the same progress as I am being new grower. This site can tell it all. Great job bro. Keep it up.

Thx D!!
I almost bought cha Ching and I think I'm still going to , kinda pricey but hey! Can I mix with age old bloom and those 2 FF additives?

Check the instructions for sure Raisingcain and then mix accordingly. Cha Ching can be use as a stand alone or mixed with other nutrients according to its instructions. Also use this

20140810_092106.jpg

or a similar product to remove the bad stuff from tap water and/or well water.

Subbed. Can't believe I didn't catch this journal from start. I love the pics. Great job. I am assuming you carry them in every night. Got great bud site forming. I am also in my first grow. So seeing other people making the same progress as I am being new grower. This site can tell it all. Great job bro. Keep it up.

Thanks alot dunc!
I have left these plants outside since they were past the seedling stage. No need to bring em in CO weather is awesome and I have them on the south end of my house so they get good sunshine and my house sort of acts as shield from the wind and heavy rain/hail. Plus I have security cameras in front and back of my house and a well trained pitbull for intruders (she will lick them to death HA!)

They're picture perfect plants, Raisin. You're one of those new growers that make it look easy. Very impressive results.

Thanks PeeJay I think its a good thing I did my first grow outdoors. Less variables to try and learn all at once. I did have to scrap 1 troubled male plant but 3 out of 4 aint bad. Plus I got alot of help from you guys thus far!!!

Dyold,
I use distilled water most of the time but I always refill the jugs right away with tap and let them sit outside for a couple days before using them. DO you think I would still need that additive? Im gonna get some and use regardless I think. Longmont, CO flooded last year and Im sure the city puts a TON of crap in the water since then.

I left those big fan leaves cuz it seemed appropriate and I only removed 2 larger stems at the very bottom. Also took off some of the very small bud sites near the main stem and those that didnt appear to be getting any light. LEARNING EXPERINCE so i wont be bummed if i messed up. Mob Boss is intense BTW im pretty toasted. HIGHLY recommend HA!!!

It sounds like you have some other off-site friends who have a clue, too. You started off with a smart soil mix that had nothing to do with this site. You posted in my journal early on and got Dyold, Lester, and Corgie checking in on you - a power team. Plus, you haven't been needy seeking endless hand holding several times a week. Once you got your watering practices down it was off to the races.

You'll be fine indoors. Stick with the same growing medium and pay attention to the environment. Dyold has a very well controlled indoor enviro. Corgie and I do not and muddle through as best we can. If you're tempted to spend big on lighting, remember that the environment is just as important. No amount of watts will make up for crappy environmental controls. Balance your spending to make a balanced indoor environment and lighting situation.

Well there many different philosophies on this. Let me just start off by saying you did as good of a job as you could without going too overboard.

But the situation here is that your plants looked pretty picture perfect before the defol. I don't think they exactly needed it. They will bounce back just fine. But you can try next year without defoliating, and you can see how the buds come out differently. One very respected grower, Norcaliwood, believes that you will see bigger and denser buds if you leave the leaves on. In fact, even Jorge Cervantes admits this. We usually only defoliate in order to increase airflow to the canopy so we can prevent fungus growth.

So it's more of an experiment, I think if you plucked off any more than you did you'd be going overboard. :surf:

Dyold,
I use distilled water most of the time but I always refill the jugs right away with tap and let them sit outside for a couple days before using them. DO you think I would still need that additive? Im gonna get some and use regardless I think. Longmont, CO flooded last year and Im sure the city puts a TON of crap in the water since then.

The drops are a great idea. They add chlorine in various forms as well as chloramines to make sure the public doesn't get the trots. The chlorine will dissipate if you let the water sit. Chloramines will not. Both will put the whammy on the bacteria in your soil, and we want to take care of and nurture them. The drops are inexpensive and effective. If my tap water wasn't total rubbish I would use drops like Dyold uses. As it is I fill up huge jerry cans of reverse osmosis water from the machine outside the grocery store - buck and a quarter for 5 gallons. Tested it with expensive equipment at work and it has very low PPM and ideal pH.

I expect that one day soon Dyold will invest in a home RO filter to remove all the chlorine and stuff from his water. Costco has them for a very reasonable price (couple of hundred bucks.)

OK great. Just one question, just because I have never seen bud site growing that way without changing light cycles. Just curious. I would assume your light cycle are about the same as mine. This considering were both outdoors. Great journal. Love soak in up the info.

It sounds like you have some other off-site friends who have a clue, too. You started off with a smart soil mix that had nothing to do with this site. You posted in my journal early on and got Dyold, Lester, and Corgie checking in on you - a power team. Plus, you haven't been needy seeking endless hand holding several times a week. Once you got your watering practices down it was off to the races.

You'll be fine indoors. Stick with the same growing medium and pay attention to the environment. Dyold has a very well controlled indoor enviro. Corgie and I do not and muddle through as best we can. If you're tempted to spend big on lighting, remember that the environment is just as important. No amount of watts will make up for crappy environmental controls. Balance your spending to make a balanced indoor environment and lighting situation.

Thanks PeeJay!
I cant say that enough.
Im trying to decide if I want to frame out half of my garage for my indoor set up (empty space anyway) or attach a 10x8x12 greenhouse to the south end of my house. Ive spent the last couple nights smoking some jah kush and researching pros and cons. Definitely gonna do my homework prior to making a decision though.

Over all looking great though man! +Reps

You are gonna have some monster colas coming soon :thumb:

Thank you sir!
You are correct about it being completely experimental. Because I am def a hands on learner, Im trying to do a lot of different things on this first grow just to see what happens. Next spring after running an outdoor grow and indoor grow all the way through I things will be smoother.

The drops are a great idea. They add chlorine in various forms as well as chloramines to make sure the public doesn't get the trots. The chlorine will dissipate if you let the water sit. Chloramines will not. Both will put the whammy on the bacteria in your soil, and we want to take care of and nurture them. The drops are inexpensive and effective. If my tap water wasn't total rubbish I would use drops like Dyold uses. As it is I fill up huge jerry cans of reverse osmosis water from the machine outside the grocery store - buck and a quarter for 5 gallons. Tested it with expensive equipment at work and it has very low PPM and ideal pH.

I expect that one day soon Dyold will invest in a home RO filter to remove all the chlorine and stuff from his water. Costco has them for a very reasonable price (couple of hundred bucks.)

Heading to Costco today:thumb:

OK great. Just one question, just because I have never seen bud site growing that way without changing light cycles. Just curious. I would assume your light cycle are about the same as mine. This considering were both outdoors. Great journal. Love soak in up the info.

Hey dunc I apologize but Im not sure what youre asking.
If you were asking about light cycles it depends on where you live. If you are in the midwest then we are probably in the same ball park.
Im originally from Southern IL and Ive noticed that Colorado seems to get cooler during the nights quicker than Illinois and natural humidity levels in CO are much lower as well (at least where I lived). And Im sure the type of strain plays a large factor as well. I would love to tell you what strain Im growing but I have no idea, Im guesssing its Sativa dominant because of the shape on fan leaves and the way the plant is growing but I wont really know for sure until I have sampled the goods.

Back
Top Bottom