Raisingcain's First Grow With Pics

The biggest 1
20140710_091425.jpg

The next in one to the right, catching up!
20140710_091431.jpg

Potted plant with some LST.... should I keep training?
20140710_091436.jpg

Grounded confirmed female.....more training??
20140710_091453.jpg
20140710_091522.jpg

Heres the growth I mentioned above looks like a new leaf forming where the "ball" was. This type of growth has appeared at every usual place you would normally see balls or pistils
20140710_091716.jpg

Looks like normal growth to me, don't see any signs of male or female in the last photo.

So its been a while since Ive updated because the plants have just been doing their thing in veg. However today I have come across something on my biggest/fav plant thats pretty effin cool!! Pistils!!!
Also I believe my potted LST plant has some PH issues because I keep seeing signs of Cal problems but none of the other plants have this issue and they are all getting the same feeding??? Just ordered a Ph testing pen to try to get to the bottom of this before my plant is dead. Whats the best way to adjust my soils PH?? Should I adjust the water prior to feeding? If so with what???? Help a newbie out wud ya???

How can I tell what strain these are? I read that the one in the ground is a sativa strain because it has long thinner leaves, and the ones in the pots are prob indica because the leaves are much thicker. Is this correct?

Yes you are correct. Sativa are usually thin leaves and indicas are usually thicker leaves. Im a new grower too. im 6 weeks into flower. Stop by my grow if you would like :) Its in my signature. Im subbed for this.

BTW nice updates - good pics!

Wow. Everyone looks great. I'm not sure what's going on with the little LST plant, but it doesn't look too bad. I'd be worried about changing much as far as pH goes. Do you know the pH of the water you're using, Raisin?

The three container plants are all in the same soil mix with added dolomite lime and should be well buffered, as I recall.

Ok so the plant in the ground which I have named "The Bush" is really bushing out. Its only about 4 feet wide and 3 feet tall due to some LST but the foliage is super dense I cant even see the ground!! The stalk is massive and pistils are popping up everywhere.
Question: Im seriously thinking about defoliating it a little bit. Any thoughts? I feel like the nutrition and energy have been used up alot to create all these tiny fan leaves and I would like it to focus more on pistil/bud formation. Any suggestions or should I Just leave it alone?
I am going to tie down a couple more branches this evening to even out the canopy.

20140801_173504_LLS.jpg
20140801_173555_LLS.jpg

Whoo Hoo! The plants are really thriving! A flush on the small LST container plant may be in order. Think of it like this. It is amuch smaller plant than the others. It does not use as many nutrients. If you give it the same amount as the bigger plants then you may have a nutrient build-up issue in the soil that is leading to a transport issue.

As far as defol goes, up to you really. Since it's your first grow maybe defol some parts of the big LST girl and leave other plants alone. Defol one of the large vertical plants and leave the other one be. You are going to end up with a ton of smoke either way. Use this first grow as a learning experience and try a few different things.

Really looking good in your garden. :thumb:

That makes perfect sense thanks. I will flush her today and keep that in mind. I have read when flushing I should a mild amount of fert towards the end of the flush is this true?
Also when I defoliate should I focus on the smaller leaves that are attached to the same stems that have bud sites or focus on the larger fan leaves?
Yeah I'm pretty proud of my garden so far thanks for comments. I hope there is a ton of smoke at harvest time. I'm going to wrap a bunch up and give a lot of it away to my neighbors around me to keep things positive.

OK so I flushed my problem child yesterday the pH of the water I was using was 7.0.
Today more leaves have the rust look only this time the tips are curling up. I feel like I'm gonna lose this plant which sux. Not sure what to do maybe just wait and see what happens maybe flush again in a few days? I used 10 gallons to flush a 7 gallon container BTW. Any help is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom