Raisingcain's First Grow With Pics

Can you please post us some pics of the one that you are having problems with. Full plant and the part thats giving you the problem so we can see what might be going on. Its hard to diagnose a sick plant without pics.

Good Morning!
Have some fun news so I thought I would update.
Im gonna buy a lottery ticket today because I had a serious stroke of luck this morning.
I went out to say good morning to my plants and ya know my little troubled LSTd plant, well overnight it grew some balls! Crazy how quick they formed too because they werent there last night and this morning they were there wtf! I felt bad cutting the little bastard down but I feel better now because I dont have to battle with its issues, it was the only plant that has given me any trouble so far (figures it was a boy ha).

A couple days ago I decided that "the bush" needed a haircut so I sat down next to it, joint in hand, and defoliated the shit out of it. I probably trimmed off 100 little leaves and irrelevant branches and now its ready for back to school pictures. :) Before I did, you couldnt see through it at all it was so dense. I also tied down a couple more branches to even out the canopy. It responded well I think because it has grown a few inches and more pistils have shown up overnight.
My two tall plants that I have basically left alone since week 3 (other than fert and water) are looking great as well, theyve shot up another 4-5 inches. The biggest one has pistils EVERYWHERE and the other confirmed its feminine characteristics yesterday so FUCKNA!!
So everything is going well!!

I started tearing up my garden area a little bit in prep for next years outdoor grow. I am going to install 4 raised planter boxes that will prob end up being the equivalent of 30 gallon containers for the plants to sit in with some sort of auto watering system because Im getting annoyed with filling 15 empty gallon containers every other day. Id like to have a large barrel for tea brewing as well. Gonna have to do some studying on organic teas and create a great tea recipe. Ive used a couple teas thus far and the plants freaking love it!
So I have a shit ton of work to do but itll be fun.

Heres some pics:

The Bush with its "flat top" haircut

20140806_071321.jpg

Heres its branching up close

20140806_071953.jpg

20140806_071453.jpg

The biggest one

20140806_071633.jpg
20140806_071705.jpg

And the one next to it

20140806_071546.jpg

Sex confirmation!!

20140806_071608.jpg

I'm sort of glad the little LST plant was a male... A strange thing to say, maybe, but I was afraid that it was going to lead you into the trap of overdoing things with your plants. Your program has been simple and straightforward with great results, Raisin. If it ain't broke, don't go crazy trying to fix things.

Simple teas are the best. Some lively soil or humus, a teaspoon or two of molasses, perhaps some worm castings. Too often folks throw a whole bunch of things in a tea to try to mimic a commercial nutrient formulation. The resulting witches brew is not necessarily good for the plant, especially if you have another feeding program in place. By sticking with soil or humus and worm castings you multiply the beneficial organisms like crazy. That's the main goal of bubbling up tea. Just my opinion. Your plants look healthy as can be. Great job!

Thanks peejay
Yeah I've learned that keeping it simple has worked the best for me so far.
When a person is first starting out, looking at pics of other peoples plants can be intimidatinf and influence others to try to do so much to try and mimic what others are doing so they can get the same results forgetting that folks (like yourself) have probably been growing cannabis for a long time. I think perfection ( or at least close to perfection) can only be acheived with experience. not how much money or effort you put into your first grow so just be patient and soak up as much info as u can and enjoy.

Ha ! Her name is Gertrude the gargoyle she's about 27 years old solid and weighs about 40 pnds. My uncle from Encino said it was given to him from Tom Petty. He then gave it to me before he passed. Not sure if it really was Toms but its really cool regardless. I like to sit next to it and strum my Martin and every once in a while she will harmonize with me when I get to the chorus of "last dance with MJ" HA or maybe I was just really hi!!

Whats up its Saturday happy weekend everyone!
I usually post pics once a week but my ladies kept winking and posing outside while I was working on the yard begging for me to snap a few pics so I said what the hell.

When to the grow shop yesterday and got some FF additives and added them to the feeding this morning and the plants are super happy.
Fan leaves are raising up in the air and bud production keeps moving along nicely.
Gonna spend the day outside tomorrow I have to separate my two plants cuz theyre starting to grow together and they keep passing notes to each other and telling each other secrets when theyre supposed to be focusing on growing!!!!

Heres some photos:

New additives:

20140809_151018.jpg

The little bush growing more each day forming more pistils :

20140809_151106.jpg

20140809_151126.jpg

20140809_151137.jpg

Check the bud factory! These are everywhere!!

20140809_151155.jpg

Thats all for now enjoy the weekend!!

Thank you guys.
Just spent an hour or so defoliating the bottom of the plants and inside the canopy. Plan on watering tomorrow. Trimming all those leaves makes me nervous but everyone I know personally that grows said its a good idea so what the hell. Plants are getting starting to put out that delicious smell when you walk by. Kinda crazy ive been inside for an hour and I can still smell it. Just purchased one of those microscopes that connect to a cell phone so I can check out the buds in a few weeks. Gonna head outside and have a puff. BTW anypone ever heard of a strain called Mob Boss??? A buddy gave me some and the buds are shaped like a damn lemon theyre huge!!!

Back
Top Bottom