Random pics of plants

Just in case you guys were looking forward to seeing Menthol Purps. I decided to change it up. I took these when I did the Headband plant so they are next. Anyway we need a bigger crowd for the big reveal of Menthol Purps LMAO.

This Putin's Crack it is the light green pheno. They both get the same food the only major difference is color. I guess this one just likes to be different. Buds are bigger than the dark green pheno so all is good. Still this is a great strain. there is a Cherry pheno also but none this time. Pretty sure this pheno is a name sake one. Just a hint now but there is dank in there. There is a pheno of this strain that can Dank up a whole house when it is dry. The dankest ones show up as they are drying. The breeder only had a couple the first grow but it stunk up the whole house. Once all the buds were trimmed and mixed he thought it was all of them lol. The cherry is the only one that gets much smell before finish time. This is a good thing as I would hate to have to contain the dank one for a whole month. This has very little smell while growing. Nuff Said

Holy shit that lady is the epitome of health! I've never seen a Putin's Crack before, but I now must know the genetic makeup lol. Thought you weren't very good at pics, you could've fooled me. Those pics are spot on brother!
:drool::adore::bravo:

Thank you. The more I take the more I know what I am looking for. Surprising how hard it is to get that certain bud in the right spot with the right light. Lots of great buds just to few good angles to take the picture from. I am getting better at whole plants just because of angles. You have to turn the plant a bunch to find a side that photos well. You can't tell by sight you need to look through the camera. Who Knew LMAO. Plants grow straight up so much looking at them from the side you get to much of the under sides of the leaves. This is a corner plant and that helped.

Lots of light and a tripod do wonders. When I say lights I mean lights. Some people here grow with less wattage then I am using for these LMAO. I have 2 huge 180 watt CFL with reflectors. Kodak Pixpro camera so it is not really fancy there. I don't remember the pixels. I want a really nice camera for macro someday I have looked at a few. Need to justify this one first.. This one gets me pretty close with cropping as you can tell from one pic of the Menthol Purps. And without further ado here she is.
This is by far my tallest plant ever. I put a 4' stake in front for reference. Even as a corner plant this one would have been questionable in a 48" tent. The plant itself is over 4' add in a foot for the pot and room for the light. This plant is about as tall as you get without having to bend it.

As you can tell this Purps x Tahoe is just about as frost as the other. Finding the right bud to picture is the key.

These are all from the same picture so you can really tell how close you can crop and still keep focus. The last one is pushing the limits but it does still have some clarity.

Wow brother those are truly some amazing shots! She's so F**king frosty my god. I have the odd cubbies on each side of my fire place I may turn into a photo booth. You give me so many good ideas, I have a couple of old t5 mini strips I could put in there for lighting, and a black sheet for a back drop. Do you think that would work? I just want pics half that good for now, then work my way to that kind of quality. Thanks for all the ideas by the way lol.

Sounds like it would work. What I did find out is that you need a bigger spot then I originally thought. You need plenty of room to move lights around for proper lighting on each picture. What worked for one plant never works for the next. I have found that Neewer has good quality low priced photography lights. Your T-5's might work. You just need to make sure you can keep the light out of the picture. At least a foot back from the picture view on the camera or there will be glow coming from the light source. Look at everything in the viewfinder on the camera.

My main helper is the tripod. Not the best one but it works. I have to walk back 10 feet from the camera and use a 10 second timer for the close ups. Any movement at all and you can't crop with clarity. After a 100 years there is not a floor in the house that doesn't move LMAO.

Everything is genetics. What they are and what is in them shows in the trichomes. Some cover every inch while others are more sparse. Thing is you just never know tell you smoke them. The Plant for today show this. Not as much trichome coverage as you find in other strains. Does that mean this will be better or worse then others? Who knows. Best guess is this won't be super powerful. It all matters what is in them.
So here is R.K.S.from DNA.
This strain is all landrace genetics and is not refined as some of the newer strains. It is just Columbian, Afghani and Thai crossed together. That is why I chose it. I was hoping for Road Kill Skunk. It is not here. Or not in the 2 plants I got. If roadkill was here I would expect to smell it by now. It will probably have a strong dank smell but nothing near Roadkill Skunk. The search continues LOL. This still might be a favorable hybrid to some of the Shunk #1 I have. I have to smoke it first to see.
Here are the tell all close ups.

As you can tell the leaves may be lacking trichome coverage. The buds themselves seem to have plenty. That's where they are needed so why put them on leaves LOL.

I was about to say the same thing. The leaves don't have much for trichs but the bud holy crap is she covered!! I've only heard legends of the Roadkill Skunk kind of like big foot. I hope you find that pheno in the future, would be awesome to see a real urban legend lol. Pics and plants are on point as always. Thanks for the pointers, I will check out those photography lights.

Trying to figure out the bud of the month thing. How do I enter or do people just vote you in. I need to know before some of these plants get ready to finish. Pretty pictures now but buds are only going to get better as the they mature. What I really need to figure out is how to add a picture into a picture. I would like to be able to include a super close up in the corner of a bud picture. In lots of cases the close ups are from the exact picture the bud pics come from.

If we haven't seen true Roadkill in seed form by now we won't. If someone had it t would be out by now. Best we can do is Skunky weed. Everything else about Skunk #1 is the same. They are still great plants. Just because the Skunk #1 that made it to Amsterdam is the sweet pheno. Shouldn't have meant that it didn't stay in California. It still should have been around in California. Boys from DNA or Cali Connection would have released it if it was to be found.

I think it fell by the waist side because of stealth reasons. Nothing about Roadkill Skunk is stealthy. Lack of charcoal filters back in the day might have a lot to do with it. Even outdoors the smell traveled a long way.

People would be amazed how much marijuana genetics changed because of who they were hiding it from. Just as much as the did for what the genetics would do for you. The same genetics helped them hide their crops. Also changed the highs, smells and other things involved by doing it. Indica showed up in genetics about the time people started using the word Stoned more the High to describe weed when smoked. As with everything for every action there is a reaction. Now that smells don't matter we still can't go back. Roadkill Skunk is lost forever.

What is truly weird. Smells and flavors pop up quite often. Lots of Blueberries out there even when they don't have Blueberry in them. Still we can find Skunky but Roadkill doesn't seem to show back up.

The Purps hybrid or the Genius. The Putin is a good plant but it isn't covered in trichomes like the others. Same with the Headbands. They will probably out produce most other strains.

I also remember someone asking about the genetics of Putins Crack. It is AK-47 x Green Crack. The Ak-47 is where the Putin part came in. Crack is self explanatory LOL. The Green Crack was supposed to lighten the high of the AK-47. It only made it stronger. Smells and flavors range from Cherry to beyond dank.

I might try and wet my feet today and get a couple pics entered. Better to work out the bugs now. In the next couple weeks I am going to get some good bud pics. Plus no new pictures to post today.

Thank bro, I was curious about Putin's Crack. I kind of figured it had Green Crack but wasn't sure about the Putin side now I get it. Sounds like you can get some interesting phenos off of her tho! I'd go with the Purps hybrid she looks stunning, but that Genius is no slouch herself. Either one should bring you home a title!

Pics will still be getting better as plants mature. I can't post older pics so my new ones better be as good LMAO. Still they got some good looking plants entered. Most seem lots bigger than mine. I almost used the pictures from my seeded Chocoloco clone. That is the plant of the day here. Not sure how they would handle a pregnant girl lol. Seeds or not this is a cool looking plant.
At just over a foot tall she is not the biggest that is for sure. She packs as many trichomes in that foot as strains twice her size though. Main reason I didn't use these was the size.

They say females glow when they are pregnant. Maybe this picture will explain why LOL.
If you look closely at the close up you can see the tiny split where a seed is being made. If I can keep all the leaves on these plants looking good all the way to the end this might make a good P.O.T.M. I think it will look cool with seeds peaking out. This plant has by far more trichomes than any other strain I have. Pretty stupid adding a resinous male to this where the hell will it put more trichomes LMAO.

My hope is that the JC 2 will change what is in all them trichomes not so much make more of them. That would be tough

Makes it hard to check for color. They are everywhere. When the seeds split the pods and are showing nice and brown I will get more pics. Maybe be a good one for Jan.

What is really amazing is it doesn't matter how many there are. It is all about what's inside lol.

Lots of plants can be impressive. So many things can make them special in their own way. Size is always something that gets noticed lol. Good or bad. The plant featured today is by far the biggest of all the Headband plants. They all have similar crystal with the smelly ones carrying slightly more. So size does help this one stick out from the crowd. What really makes this plant special. Is it has absolutely no smell. Great Headband plants smell, That's what they do LMAO. There are differences in the highs of all the phenos of Headband. The sour one being the best. Only a few phenos carry that great Headband high really well. Thing is I don't remember one that sucked. I have never had a plant with so little smell. This makes it the most intresting plant today. So it got a photo shoot.

Overall it is a good looking plant. Color has showed up in the last few days. This one is more blue then purple.

I took a couple more pictures from the sides. This shows how much of the branches are covered in bud. Most of them are over 10" of bud. While it is not rock hard they are plenty firm. Going to be interesting what the final weight is going to be on this one. It has another 3 weeks left LOL.

I have seen better trichome coverage but this isn't bad. All the trichomes will still swell up more over the next few weeks. I can't see this being all that bad. You never know what's inside them though. That's the scary part of no smell. Nice looking close ups so all we can do is wait and see.

Today we have Basic 99. That is a shortened version. It is Basic Skunk 19 x Cinderella 99. That is a bit of a mothfull every time. Basic 99 kind of stuck as a good nickname. This or a pheno just like it will be the first plants to finish. Flower time for these 2 is definitely C-99 influenced. Both other phenos have over a week to finish. These 2 should finish next week. Hairs dried and these started maturing almost over night. Getting close to all cloudy trichomes now.

This is one of the plants that took a big hit from the feeding problems. Lost a lot of production I think. New strain so I don't know for sure. Some strains are less forgiving than others. Genius and certain phenos of this hybrid are some of those plants. Troubles came at the worst possible time for these plants. That one week was right when they were bulking up. Plants that were more forgiving were not nearly as effected.

Still this is a new strain for me so I don't know for sure what it produces. I may not have lost a much as I thought. As long as it smokes, amounts are not as important.

Back
Top Bottom